• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Onthefield

Onthefield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 04:16 AM

Do you guys know of any books written about soldiers that were Jews in WW2. I was thinking about that earlier and it's a very interesting subject to me.
Hence the saying: One may know how to conquer without being able to do it- Sun Tzu

#2 No.9

No.9

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:28 AM

“The Jewish Brigade” – Morris Beckman (1998), ISBN 1-885119-56-9
about the British Army’s 5’500 Jewish Brigade who fought in Italy (44/45), and rounded-up some nazis who slipped the net after W.W.II.

“Striking Back” – Peter Masters (1997), ISBN 0-891416-29-3
His life and times in/of 3 Troop, No.10 (Inter Allied) Commando [British Army]. 3 Troop (also known as X Troop, ‘British Troop’, Miscellaneous Troop) were all German speaking and many were Jewish.

No.9

[ 23. December 2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: No.9 ]

#3 Marcus Wendel

Marcus Wendel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:31 PM

Originally posted by Onthefield:
Do you guys know of any books written about soldiers that were Jews in WW2. I was thinking about that earlier and it's a very interesting subject to me.

Here are three books you might find interesting:
"Hitler's Jewish Soldiers: The Untold Story of Nazi Racial Laws and Men of Jewish Descent in the German Military" by Bryan Mark Rigg
"The Jewish Brigade: An Army With Two Masters, 1944-45" by Morris Beckman
"The Brigade: An Epic Story of Vengeance, Salvation, and World War II" by Howard Blum

/Marcus

#4 Deep Web Diver

Deep Web Diver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 09:24 PM

Richard Rashke's Escape From Sobibor recounts the 1943 Sobibor Death Camp uprising which was organized and led by Lt. Sasha Pechersky, a Jewish POW. This book was the basis for a film of the same name which starred Rutger Hauer as Sasha Pechersky.

[ 28. December 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Crapgame ]
This information has been posted for non-commercial, educational, and research purposes.
- - - -
"The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here." - Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 19, 1863
- - - -
"The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past." - William Faulkner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users