Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Have you guys seen this?!!

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by brndirt1, Nov 9, 2010.

1. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

2. Mark4

Mark4 Ace

I dont know much about football but thats one of the most interesting videos i watched.

3. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Not too bad at all, the defensive line just sit there looking at him. lol

4. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

There was most certainly a penalty on that play. My coach (years ago, of course) would have knocked my head off if I celebrated with chest bumps in the endzone. If the Dallas Cowboy's can get flagged for it so should they.

It was brilliantly executed. If the QB had taken off upon reciept of the ball, he may not have gotten passed the linebackers. The execution of the O-line (in not moving) ensured no one on the defense would move either.

5. Radar4077

Radar4077 Member

Lol! that was nice. I can imagine the defencive teams face as they watched the ball holder just walk away...

6. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

That is called a "side hike", and is one of the two ways the center can get the ball to the back, no matter if it is the quarter, half, or full-back. A totally legal "hike", at least in high school. It may be legal in other levels as well, but most of them are trained by that time to not listen to the QB, the count, or the sounds but to "go" on ball movement. It would only work on a field, and in a class of ball where it is legal.

It was cute as hell to watch, as to the "chest bump" and celebration in the end zone, that is also legal at that level. Only the "out of control" antics of persons like T.O. and Chad Johnson turned the pros against that type of "celebration".

7. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Looked good to me. No refs threw a flag, so it was good to go. What's the difference between that and a flea-flicker, a tackle eligible or a statue of liberty play?

8. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

It reminds me of what an Aussie cricket player did in a match. There was one ball left to be played in the game, and all the batters needed was 2 runs to win, so instead of balling the ball, the baller rolled it up to the batter. It was classed as a no-ball, but still counted as a ball, so the bollers team won the match.

The other team was not happy at all, and after that they changed the rules.