6 replies to this topic

#1 canadian88

canadian88

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:05 AM

How prevalent was rape in the concentration camps?, because we know that it was a huge problem throughout the world during war.

So the Nazi's thought Jews weren't worthy of life but the guards still raped the women?

What kind of sexual experiments did they perform? I wouldnt doubt it because of the nature of there "medical research".

#2 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:01 AM

Women's Sexuality in WWII Concentration Camps

more than this article, you can find more information for yourself on the web, as I do not think I need to post more than the above......

#3 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:01 AM

"What kind of sexual experiments did they perform? I wouldnt doubt it because of the nature of there "medical research".

Not a subject? nor it's information am I going to respond to..with pics, nor graphic detailed info...you can research this for yourself? if that's your want.....

Edited by sniper1946, 21 November 2010 - 08:08 AM.

#4 PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:56 AM

There was a brothel in Auschwitz.. but for 'special' prisoners.. wouldn't suprise me if the guards used it too..

#5 ULITHI

ULITHI

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, New Mexico

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

Wasn't having sex with Jews punishable under the nuremburg laws or something? Then again, in isolated camps in the east, I guess the guards and such could get away with such acts.
Have a good one,
Darren

#6 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

There was a brothel in Auschwitz.. but for 'special' prisoners.. wouldn't suprise me if the guards used it too..

This is actually quite interesting as there was indeed a brothel in Auschwitz main camp. This brothel was mainly used by Polish prisoners that had the "special rank" or what ever you want to call it. I don't know if there's any testimony of German guards "having these services"??? Women that had to go through this were mainly Polish as all the Jews were placed in Birkenau.

#7 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 10,194 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

Here's a bit more:

The abuse of women prisoners as prostitutes in German concentration camps during the Nazi period has received too little attention in previous studies, German sociologist Christa Paul believes.
The German SS, who ran the camps, set up brothels in 10 camps, according to the 47-year-old researcher at Hamburg University.

and further on:

Paul said the women were largely recruited from the women's concentration camp Ravensbrueck to the north of Berlin. "There was a so-called whores' block there," she said.

Forced prostitution in WWII camps highlighted in Hamburg exhibit - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Here's an article about a book on the subject New book reveals horrors of brothels in Nazi concentration camps | Germany | Deutsche Welle | 19.08.2009

There's also a bit here concerning Ravensbruck Ravensbrück

image001.png

Lou

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users