#1 poompoom500

poompoom500

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

:( To all,

Hello there. I am new here. I just found your site from searching through IE. Me and Dad are WW2 zealots. We love watching biographies or what have you about WW2. I love the History channel. Specially about the weaponry and vehicles. So I am looking forward to reading up on WW history.
Please read this important message - http://dottie33.free...b30/1234567.htm

#2 ULITHI

ULITHI

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, New Mexico

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

Howdy there, nice to meet you and welcome aboard. This is a great place to hang out and learn like you have never learned before. Don't be a stranger!
Have a good one,
Darren

#3 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,843 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

Welcome Poompoom

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#4 poompoom500

poompoom500

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

To ULITHI and Slipdigit,

Thank you man. Glad to be aboard. Have games on WW2. Battlefied 1942 from EA. Watch History channel avidly (when available). But don't have cable. Watched some at Hulu. Dad's the same way. I am really glad that you guys started this site.
Please read this important message - http://dottie33.free...b30/1234567.htm

#5 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Since it is obvious you have high-speed internet connection (hulu watcher), you will enjoy going to this place and exploring it for WW2 based films and shorts. As an aside posting "important message" and link in your signature line isn't really welcome. No matter where it leads. But, anyway check out these links for WW2 based videos, movies, and such. Including a few of the History Channel offerings, back when they weren't full of crud.

Goto:

Download & Streaming : Moving Image Archive : Internet Archive

Scroll down to "movies" themselves, click on that and then go into the "browse by subject/keyword". There you will find many WW2 based subjects, one of my favorites is "Victory at Sea".

Another great streaming site for WW2 shorts and such from the British point of view can be found at this site:

British Pathe

And this one links you to other "film and programs" sites, sadly the one called The Aztec Eagles is no longer available. It dealt with the Mexican airmen who served in WW2, flying with the allies in the Philippines.

Goto:

The Best of WWII on YouTube » HistoryNet

The US National Archives collection is especially interesting, and welcome to the forum. Happy posting.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#6 PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

Welcome PoomPoom.

#7 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore