6 replies to this topic

#1 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

the BCS champion declared, and I'll be honest I didn't even watch the thing. I will admit to being slightly shocked this morning when I read the final score, I mean that I really expected a scoring bonanza with these two teams, and holy cow, a field goal wins it in the final quarter?

I really thought the scores would run into the thirties at least, not just "nudge" into the twenties for Auburn. I'll check out the highlights online later, if I can find them.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#2 693FA

693FA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:36 AM

Well brndirt,
with RB James held to i think it was 49 yards and Oregons QB throwin a couple picks i was shocked Auburn didnt score more....hope i didnt ruin your highlight viewing;)
Regards
Clint

#3 texson66

texson66

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

I watched until halftime. The game reminded me of Texas back in the day playing Texas A&M; both teams would be so up tight they'd fumble at the opponents 5 yd line and the other team would run it back for a TD!

I think both AU and UO were in the national spotlight and it got to both of them.

Interesting calls on a few critical plays to keep up the suspense.

Since I had no dog in this fight, I still have to admit I was sort of rooting for AU.

All in all, I'm glad I got the extra sleep!

#4 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,229 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

I did not watch the game either. I make it a habit not to watch the Barn play, unless they are losing.

They have the championship, but the NCAA is still investigating. With all that is reported to have gone on, I will make a prediction that the champioinship will stripped from the Auburn within 2 years and the Heisman will taken from Newton.

Write it down and take it to the bank.

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#5 belasar

belasar

Court Jester

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 5,756 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

I generally do not watch the BCS game, its just like the superbowl without the sexy cheerleaders (the best part).
Wars are rarely fought in black and white, but in infinite shades of grey

(Poppy is occasionaly correct, or so I hear)

#6 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

I did not watch this game either. Had no interest this year. As Jeff said, Newton will be declared ineligible and will be handing back that shiny trophy. Auburn will keep the NC trophy though, as the BCS is it's own entity and not sanctioned by the NCAA. The NCAA only drug it's feet on the investigation to keep TCU out IMO. Oregon are champs in my book!
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

#7 macrusk

macrusk

Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

And ironically, I did end up watching a good portion of the game - in particular the 4th quarter!
Regards, Michelle

Oliver Goldsmith, "I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." :flag_canada_ww2: :flag_canada: :flag_uk:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users