Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Weather information WW2 Pacific

Discussion in 'War in the Pacific' started by Biak, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

ULITHI likes this.
  2. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

That's great info Roger. As I get more obsessed with painting more accurate scenes, links like this are a big help.

3. Biak

Glad it may help. I was of course looking for something totally different! If I find more or anyone else does, maybe we can cover all the campaigns/areas.

4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I've done various meteorological reports for Pacific invasions. Don't know if Patrick has them up yet. Last time I talked to him he was threatening to come take my scanner away.

5. Biak

Threaten him back! Hyperwar is the best site I've found so far (next to this one of course). :) I spend half my time there with the other half between all the other sites in my bookmarks. If he takes your scanner away I'll go away! Hmmm, not much of a threat there was it?

6. Biak

This probably should be in another thread but just in case Darren might just maybe possibly eventually want to paint the Doolittle Raid: Action Report: USS Hornet (CV-6)
    HyperWar: USS Hornet Action Report, Halsey-Doolittle Raid

Plane handling on the flight deck was expeditious and well done. One plane handler lost an arm by backing to a B-25 propeller. A high wind of over forty knots and heavy swells caused Hornet to pitch violently, occasionally taking green seas over the bow and wetting the flight deck. The over-all time for launching sixteen bombers was 59 minutes. Average interval, 3.9 minutes.
    From April 13 to April 16, little of note occurred; weather continued to be heavy and squally, with generally poor visibility, which of course contributed to the success of the mission. Enterprise maintained air patrol. Steaming on westerly courses.