#1 Poppy

Poppy

grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationShambhala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9DwzU3KP0

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Woo hoo! Pumped up for the next 4 games. My brain says Pittsburgh and heart with Baltimore. I'd like Green Bay to beat Atlanta. Want Chicago over (yawn) Seattle. And Patriots over NY... Hope the games are close and well played. Best football weekend of the year. Any predictions?

#2 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

Just to throw in my own "opinions", I think the Steelers are going to win this contest, and just because they have everybody working again and are at home. Turnovers and special teams might change that. I don't know about GB and the Falcons, but for some reason I do think the Pack is going to prevail, it might be because of their "new-found" running game they didn't have last time the played the Falcons.

As much as I dislike the idea, I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks show up better than people expect them to. Don't ask me why, might be because so many pundits made such a big deal of how they got in the playoffs and whether they deserved to be there. Might give them the "underdog" attitude that is an intangible but sometimes awesome advantage when the game is played.

The Jets have two chances in Foxboro, slim and none. If the Pats loose at home to the Jets, I will be speechless.

Edited by brndirt1, 15 January 2011 - 11:17 PM.

Happy Trails,
Clint.

#3 Poppy

Poppy

grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

And there it is. Pittsburgh. What a great game. Better than MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, in my humble.

#4 belasar

belasar

Court Jester

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 5,816 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:02 AM

Neither game played out as I expected. Expected Pittsburg to win, but not an ugly high score game. No way I thought GB would trounce Atlanta.
Wars are rarely fought in black and white, but in infinite shades of grey

(Poppy is occasionaly correct, or so I hear)

#5 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

Yupper, I was surprised at the killer score the Pack managed to put up in Atlanta. The Falcons weren't even in the game by the half time break. They didn't adjust well in the locker room and just kept getting walked on. Sure quited down the crowd.

I expect Chicago to win, but they have lost to Seattle this year. They are both different teams at this meeting though, but stranger things have happened. If they take the 'hawks for granted, they could be rudely surprised.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#6 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

I really hate Pittsburg! GRRR
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#7 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 9,968 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

I'm getting ready to watch the Jets-Pats game. I can't see the Jets taking this one, but one can only hope.

image001.png

Lou

#8 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

Well, I watched in disbelief as the Pats turned in one of the least effective offensive games in their history. I said I would be speechless if they lost, so I'll shut-up.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#9 luketdrifter

luketdrifter

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

Anybody know if the Lions won? Oh wait...
Kicking up dust since 1978

#10 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

Anybody know if the Lions won? Oh wait...

Not to get too far off subject, but I think the Lions are on the rebound and if they weren't in such a "tough" division they could be even better. But hey, the Vikings are going to be in their place next year I think, bottom of the heap. They don't have a "francise QB" in the mix to go with the rest of their talent like the Lions, Bears, and Packers do.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#11 Poppy

Poppy

grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Well, I bet Rex Ryan has happy feet today... Seeings how I just bought a Pittsburgh shirt, I guess I'll be cheering for them. Ben takes a lot of licking and keeps on ticking. See that broken nose the other game? I'd have been like " I have a broken nose. Send somebody else in." .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users