23 replies to this topic

#1 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

all though the price is a bit stiff ($300), the entire series is coming to DVD.

Goto:

Combat! Arrives on DVD » HistoryNet

I might sign up for the Netflix, if they are available soon. I cannot afford the tariff myself, heck I need to fix my little pickup first.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#2 USMCPrice

USMCPrice

Idiot at Large

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:11 PM

I'm confused Clint. My younger son bought me "Combat the complete set" for Christmas in 2009. Click on the link at HistoryNet you provided, then click on "Combat" and it takes you to Amazon.com and the set I have. It was originally $299.00 but is now going for $121.45 with free shipping. It is a huge set with 40 DVD disks. Very good in my opinion.
  • texson66 likes this
"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I'll kill you all."Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
"Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary."Gen. Alfred Gray, 29th Commandant of the Marine Corps

#3 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

I'm confused Clint. My younger son bought me "Combat the complete set" for Christmas in 2009. Click on the link at HistoryNet you provided, then click on "Combat" and it takes you to Amazon.com and the set I have. It was originally $299.00 but is now going for $121.45 with free shipping. It is a huge set with 40 DVD disks. Very good in my opinion.

You are right of course, I just saw it this very day is all and shared without looking all through the article. I was going to come back and repair my error, but you already did so. My mistake.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#4 USMCPrice

USMCPrice

Idiot at Large

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

You are right of course, I just saw it this very day is all and shared without looking all through the article. I was going to come back and repair my error, but you already did so. My mistake.

I'm glad you posted it anyway because it is a very good set. That show was very well done.
"I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I'll kill you all."Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
"Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary."Gen. Alfred Gray, 29th Commandant of the Marine Corps

#5 Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

Glad to have another good friend at Texas, he send me the complete set as an gift with an bonus the complete set of "Rat Pack" too!!! A really good friend!
Regards, Ulrich

Horrido!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem!" LtGen. Chesty Puller.

#6 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:43 AM

Glad to have another good friend at Texas, he send me the complete set as an gift with an bonus the complete set of "Rat Pack" too!!! A really good friend!

Hi Ul/, I got my complete series set of COMBAT about 3-4 years ago. I tried collecting it by the half-season which was I think $40.00 per half season or $80.00 for a full season. I only collected the first 1 & 1/2 seasons and just waited till I learned of the full set coming out. I got mine on sale from DVD | Blu ray DVDs | CDs | Books | Free Shipping on Orders Over $15 at DeepDiscount.com. I think they originally had it for $299.00? but i got mine for about $125.00?? and I ordered three seasons of Daniel Boone at the same time and paid less than $200.00 total ;-)) I was a happy camper for a few months. I waited till they had another sale going on and got both: The Winds of War and War and Remembrance on DvD for about $90.00 and a few individual movies abd paid less than $120.00 for all-plus free shipping both times.

Oh and a slight corretion for you on the other-its not Rat Pack but, Rat Patrol w/ Christopher George and a pre-Erich Braeden-then known as Hans Gudegast ;-)) WalMart currently (at least in my area) is selling both seasons for $13.00 each. I HAD, season 1 but gave it to a friend of mine in Georgia-since he liked the show more than I did. That show would have been as good as COMBAt was had they had an hour devoted for their episodes instead of less than 30 minutes. The thing that bugged my badly about Rat Patrol is their version of German DAK uniforms sucked bigtime.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#7 The_Historian

The_Historian

Pillboxologist

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 13,741 posts
  • LocationStirling, Scotland

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

Excellent stuff, but I'm still saving for the complete set of The Avengers.:(
Regards,

Gordon

#8 Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

Carl you´re right of course it is "Rat Patrol" with the always dump and a bit to slow Germans!
Regards, Ulrich

Horrido!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem!" LtGen. Chesty Puller.

#9 USMCPrice

USMCPrice

Idiot at Large

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts
  • LocationGod's Country

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

Gordon, thanks for mentioning the Avengers. I loved that show as a kid, one of my all time favorites!

#10 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:19 AM

And soon as I can do so-as I promised several months ago, your getting the first 1 & 1/2 seasons of COMBAT ;-))
Posted Image

#11 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

Carl you´re right of course it is "Rat Patrol" with the always dump and a bit to slow Germans!

Hi Ul, that bugged me too. I mean with the DAK soldiers always portrayed as stupid idiots. A few episodes were very well made-like that 2-parter from season 1. I dont remember the episodes title but it was my favorite from the whole of season 1. Also, there was another 2-parter-but I cant remember if it was a season 1 or season 2-2-parter? but this one had the Rat Patrol teaming up with Hans Gudegast and his men, when they come unde attack by marauding arabs. That was an excellent 2 parter too.
Posted Image

#12 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:23 AM

Gordon, thanks for mentioning the Avengers. I loved that show as a kid, one of my all time favorites!

Emma Peel was the sexiest female "Spy" ive ever laid eyes on and loved ;-)) I wonder what she is doing these days?

PS, I also loved The Avengers theme song and have it on a CD somewhere ;-))
Posted Image

#13 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Carl I think that Dianna Rigg (Emma Peel) is still active, I think she was recently on some TV shows in the UK, but not in the US. She is in her seventies I believe, and she had been voted "sexist TV star" in the sixties. She was the only woman to land the famous "James Bond", although the honeymoon was very short if you recall.

Edited by brndirt1, 09 February 2011 - 04:09 PM.
spelling error

Happy Trails,
Clint.

#14 The_Historian

The_Historian

Pillboxologist

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 13,741 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

Carl,
No worries. She's Dame Diana Rigg these days, and still working.
Got the theme tune as my mobile ringtone!
  • C.Evans likes this
Regards,

Gordon

#15 gorehound

gorehound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

I bought the full series of Combat a few years ago.Same set I believe that comes on 40 DVD's.
Used to watch it as a kid in the 60's and wanted to re-watch it.I enjoyed the show and was glad I bought the full set.
  • C.Evans likes this

#16 A-58

A-58

Cool Dude

• Members
  • 5,558 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, Louisiana

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:14 AM

If you just want to watch the Combat series, you can get them all on Netflix for a fraction of the cost.

"On the Plains of Hesitation, lies the blackened bones of countless millions who,
at the dawn of victory sat down to rest, and resting died"....

(Adlai Stevenson to Harry Truman on discussing the pros and cons of dropping the big one, or so I'm told)

#17 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:36 AM

Carl I think that Dianna Rigg (Emma Peel) is still active, I think she was recently on some TV shows in the UK, but not in the US. She is in her seventies I believe, and she had been voted "sexist TV star" in the sixties. She was the only woman to land the famous "James Bond", although the honeymoon was very short if you recall.

Thank you Clint and I owe you a :salute: for this ;-)) Glad to hear she still is appearing on TV. I wonder what has become of Mr. Steed?
Posted Image

#18 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:40 AM

Carl,
No worries. She's Dame Diana Rigg these days, and still working.
Got the theme tune as my mobile ringtone!

Thanks Mate and glad to hear that. I wonder what has become of her "partner" as I have not heard if he had passed away or not? I always liked him too.

I'd love to get that theme as a ringtone. I dont know why I never thought of that before? and I DO have that theme on a CD in the collection ;-))

Tried to rep Clint but had to spread some around but, you got repped for this mate ;-)) Dame Diana Rigg, has always been a favorite of mine and in our household.
Posted Image

#19 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

I bought the full series of Combat a few years ago.Same set I believe that comes on 40 DVD's.
Used to watch it as a kid in the 60's and wanted to re-watch it.I enjoyed the show and was glad I bought the full set.

I wish someone would put out on DvD, that other series-whose name I cant properly rememeber but, I THINK it might have been called: The Gallant Men?????? Shame it lasted only one season. Didnt that series, providing I remembered the correct name? didnt it have James Drury in it?
Posted Image

#20 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 10,198 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:53 AM

Thank you Clint and I owe you a :salute: for this ;-)) Glad to hear she still is appearing on TV. I wonder what has become of Mr. Steed?

Mr. Steed was played by Patrick McNee. He is still alive. Here is his website. You should take a look. Welcome to Patrick Macnee's Homepage

Here is Dame Diana Rigg's website. dianarigg.net homepage Enjoy them both.
  • C.Evans likes this

image001.png

Lou

#21 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

Mr. Steed was played by Patrick McNee. He is still alive. Here is his website. You should take a look. Welcome to Patrick Macnee's Homepage

Here is Dame Diana Rigg's website. dianarigg.net homepage Enjoy them both.

Cheers Lou, thank you for both these sites and I owe you more than reps for these ;-)) I will be enjoying.

I plan on getting a signed photo from Mr. Macnee. I wonder is Dame Diana does the same as Macneee does? That would be ultra kuhl to have both their signatures on the same photo ;-))

James Arness, Ty Hardin and others, do the same think and sell autographed and or personalized photos. Ive been wanting an Arness Gunsmoke photo since I first saw them on his site.

Edited by C.Evans, 10 February 2011 - 04:30 AM.

Posted Image

#22 The_Historian

The_Historian

Pillboxologist

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 13,741 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:08 PM

This might interest you too, Carl-
The Avengers Forever: Table of Contents
Regards,

Gordon

#23 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:48 AM

Great site mate ;-)) I just spent an hour or so looking through it ;-))
Posted Image

#24 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

Hi Mate, I forgot to mention that I ned to thank you for something else. Thanks to one of the links on that Avengers site (A&E) to be exact, im going to finally be ordering the complete 8 movie series of Ioan Gruffud in: Horatio Hornblower. Love that series and I have not seen them all yet.

Also, I might be ordering the Ivanhoe and Robin of Sherwood DvD sets.

I saw that The Avengers was released through A&E but couldnt find them listed on their site anywhere? Ill be calling them tomorrow or Monday to inquire, same as to Deep Discount DvD.com site. They will have them priced cheaper than A&E has them.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users