We Need Your Help - Become a Site Supporter

For 16 years we've been delivering WWII discussion and research, help support our efforts for the next 16 years. Become a WW2 Forums Patron!

Photo
- - - - -

WW2Talk Server Downtime

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,223 posts
  • LocationFestung Chicago

User's Awards

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

This is a message to those who are visiting here as a substitute for our sister site WW2Talk.com, which is currently down.

WW2Talk is being upgraded to a new, vastly superior server, which is why the site needed to be taken off-line. This is a scheduled and expected outage and we will be back within the day.

Send all constructive compliments to Von Poop (identically named Von Poop at WW2Talk) and all derogatory complaints to Wessex Wyvern aka Owen at WW2Talk.
  • Sandwichery likes this

Comments, questions or feedback? Contact me at ottomail.png
Twitter_logo_blue_16.png twitter

#2 von Poop

von Poop

Waspish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts
  • LocationPerfidious Albion

User's Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

This is a scheduled and expected outage and we will be back within the day.

The American day, that is - most of us in the UK with any sense are in bed (0100 here).
I'm not in bed, I'm mooching about on Russki Panzer sites... maybe that tells you something about my sense levels. :bucky:

~A

It's only the Internet...

#3 Poppy

Poppy

grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts
  • LocationShambhala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9DwzU3KP0

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

Any chance we here on WW2F might be upgraded to a new, vastly superior server? Not that there is anything wrong with the current. Just askin'.

#4 Otto

Otto

No More Half Measures

• Administrators
  • 8,223 posts
  • LocationFestung Chicago

User's Awards

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

Any chance we here on WW2F might be upgraded to a new, vastly superior server? Not that there is anything wrong with the current. Just askin'.

WW2F is already on a newer server, this overdue migration will bring our Commonwealth associates up to the server capacity we already have.

Comments, questions or feedback? Contact me at ottomail.png
Twitter_logo_blue_16.png twitter

#5 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

This is a message to those who are visiting here as a substitute for our sister site WW2Talk.com, which is currently down.

WW2Talk is being upgraded to a new, vastly superior server, which is why the site needed to be taken off-line. This is a scheduled and expected outage and we will be back within the day.

Send all constructive compliments to Von Poop (identically named Von Poop at WW2Talk) and all derogatory complaints to Wessex Wyvern aka Owen at WW2Talk.

WILCO....already penned some scathing and derogatory e-mails to both parties

#6 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• WWII VeteranWWII Veteran
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

My PC is just recovering from a particularly nasty virus and I was looking forward to a spell on ww2talk where I tend to hangout these days.

Silly me :(

The site is down again, probably with teething problems, and I am obliged to come here to get my daily dose of WW2.

Would anyone like to "mark my card" and direct me to threads that I might find of interest ?

Best regards to all

Ron

ps
Just went back to ww2talk and found it up & running but I still intend to spend the day here catching up with old forum friends
I am a British veteran who was called up into the Forces in October 1942. I served in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Egypt, Austria & Germany, firstly in the 49th Light Ack Ack and then in the 4th Queen's Own Hussars.
I was one of five brothers who served in WW2, one of whom was in the RAF and was killed over Nuremberg on the 16th of March 1945.
I am a long standing member on the ww2talk.com site.
http://www.blogger.c...947129038825503

#7 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 24,814 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

Hi Ron, glad to see your computer is running again . Don't hesitate to step by here. In the meantime for your entertainement I recommend the following threads about Normandy in 2011.

http://www.ww2f.com/...ndy-2011-a.html

http://www.ww2f.com/...rip-2011-a.html

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#8 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

Skipper

Thanks for the link.

You have been busy :) (but really great pics!)

Did you see any turret-less Stuart Honey's in your travels ?

Ron
I am a British veteran who was called up into the Forces in October 1942. I served in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, Egypt, Austria & Germany, firstly in the 49th Light Ack Ack and then in the 4th Queen's Own Hussars.
I was one of five brothers who served in WW2, one of whom was in the RAF and was killed over Nuremberg on the 16th of March 1945.

#9 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 24,814 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

No I'm afraid I haven't. The trouble with tanks is that they need a special permission to go on the roads (on carriers only) and they can only run in fields were they would not deteriotate the infrastructures. Therefore most heavy vehicles are confined in museums.

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#10 Poppy

Poppy

grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts
  • LocationShambhala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9DwzU3KP0

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

Hello Mr. G. I've read some of your posts @ww2t. I'll look up some of your old stuff. Hope to see you around.

#11 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:24 AM

Hi Poppy
The site is (yet again) down. :(
Looks like I'm going to spend another day here :)
Ron

Edited by Ron Goldstein, 11 June 2011 - 05:32 AM.

#12 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Just to let fellow sufferers know that ww2talk.com has been down since yesterday afternoon in order to install the new server.

As INVISION is the same server that is currently running ww2f you will appreciate that although, in the fullness of time, we it's members will appreciate the various benefits, at  the present moment the closure of the site is the proverbial pain in the axxe !

Just thought you ought to know.

Ron

Edited by Ron Goldstein, 30 March 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#13 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 24,814 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

A good excuse to hang out with us for a couple of hours Ron  :dance4:

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#14 pistol

pistol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

..., at  the present moment the closure of the site is the proverbial pain in the axxe !

Hear, hear ...  I only hope I still will be able to edit my old posts on WW2talk ...

#15 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Skipper

A good excuse to hang out with us for a couple of hours Ron  :dance4:

Looks like you sussed me out :)

While I have your ear, can you put your moderators hat on and tell me why I am still unable to access BLOGS, PAGES, GALLERY & CALENDAR ?

The last time I spoke to the big boss about this it was put down to teething problems regarding permission allocated to Vets but one would have thought that this could have been resolved by now ?

Regardless of the restrictions, it is always good to be here !

Best regards

Ron

#16 4jonboy

4jonboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationEast Yorkshire, England

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Just to let fellow sufferers know that ww2talk.com has been down since yesterday afternoon in order to install the new server.

As INVISION is the same server that is currently running ww2f you will appreciate that although, in the fullness of time, we it's members will appreciate the various benefits, at  the present moment the closure of the site is the proverbial pain in the axxe !

Ron

I am sure it will be worth waiting for 
I will just have to spend more time than usual on here :)

Lesley

Very proud daughter of a 56 Recce
My father served with the British 78th Infantry (Battleaxe) Division in North Africa, Sicily and Italy.

He was one of the "D-Day Dodgers"

#17 Owen

Owen

O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hear, hear ...  I only hope I still will be able to edit my old posts on WW2talk ...

If you got them right when first posting them , why the need to edit them later ??

:P

#18 pistol

pistol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

If you got them right when first posting them , why the need to edit them later ??

:P

Always have the urge to improve them!!   :spin:    ... BTW how long will it take to install WW2talk to the new server? :mummy2:

#19 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

It is now exactly 24 hours since ww2talk went offline.

I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms :(

Ron
  • Gebirgsjaeger and BFBSM like this

#20 pistol

pistol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Ron - Like hands trembling slightly, a slight dizziness and twitching in the face ... ?  Then it's time to have a ....   :cheers: 

#21 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

The time here in the UK is 06:44 am, having put all our clocks forward 1 hr for what we laughingly call Summer Time.

Ww2talk went offline at 14:30 on Friday afternoon and I am still waiting for it to re-open.

Yes......I know that everyone is trying to re-instate us as soon as possible, but the danger is that I will get fed up waiting and move myself permanently to ww2f and that wouldn't be much joy for you, would it ?

Please ww2talk, let us get back to normal SAP before this old git in Cockfosters gets tired of waiting :(

Ron

#22 pistol

pistol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

WW2talk still not online?

i13-1.jpg

Do we have a problem?

#23 urqh

urqh

Tea drinking surrender monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,683 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

The time here in the UK is 06:44 am, having put all our clocks forward 1 hr for what we laughingly call Summer Time.

Ww2talk went offline at 14:30 on Friday afternoon and I am still waiting for it to re-open.

Yes......I know that everyone is trying to re-instate us as soon as possible, but the danger is that I will get fed up waiting and move myself permanently to ww2f and that wouldn't be much joy for you, would it ?

Please ww2talk, let us get back to normal SAP before this old git in Cockfosters gets tired of waiting :(

Ron

Didn't your lot get trained to hurry up and wait in your youth Ron??? 

• Owen likes this

British Army 1939-1945 - World War II Tribute Video

[URL="http://youtu.be/Zbp_4XBmD4w"]

#24 Owen

Owen

O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

What an impatient lot. ;)

Imagine we're a group that meets at the local village hall .

It's a bit old & delapidated & needs a new roof , re-wiring & a lick of paint.

That wouldnt get done overnight & the meetings might take place at another location for awhile.

But because it's the internet , people expect it to be done instantly.

I'm quite enjoying the break & visiting somewhere different.

Maybe as ww2t got so busy & poplar there might be rather alot of info to transfer.

#25 Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein

WWII Veteran

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Owen

I just miss it :(

Ron

• 4jonboy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users