Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Ronaldo and WC final 1998...???

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I truly hope this has nothing to do with the truth....

Asiagate sucks in Brazil

the Fifa anti-corruption team now believes it can use Zimbabwe as a key entryway to bust global match-fixing and bribery in the wake of the new twist in which Brazilian superstars Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos and Rivaldo were linked to an Asian betting syndicate.

Luke Masomere, who travelled with the Warriors as caretaker coach for the Agribank Cup in Vietnam in 2007, claims in a sworn statement that the fixers told him they bribed retired Samba Boys striker Ronaldo to feign sickness in the 1998 World Cup final, which the Brazilians lost 3-0 to hosts France.

Ronaldo, regarded one of the greatest strikers of his generation, admitted early this year that he was still haunted by the mystery of his sickness.

More than 12 years later, Ronaldo’s sickness is regarded as one of the biggest mysteries ever in world football.
    Claimed Masomere: “Raja showed me the video of Brazil’s Ronaldo, when he (became sick in a World Cup match final (in 1998), and said that it was him who had paid Ronaldo to feign sickness.”

He added that the fixers had shown him a video where they were giving Rivaldo and Roberto Carlos money.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

If this is proven Ronaldo should get a huge fine and pay for anti corrpution funds in the sports world. Did he really pretent? Hard to say, considering he is a moaner and complains all the time... It could also be another secenario to justify why Brazil lost.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I´d be severely disappointed if any of this can be proven correct. I have at least so far believed that the WC Final is the greatest moment a player can achieve in his career and cannot be bought with any amount of money. And so it will be unless the film is brought forward of the Samba boys getting paid...