7 replies to this topic

#1 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

to see our ladies lose the World Cup title last night, but if they were going to lose to any team I'm rather pleased it was to the Japanese. That nation needs something to cheer about for a change, they have had a major run of disaster all of this year.

Well done Japan, and Congratulations.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#2 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 21,596 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Don't be sorry Clint they did well. I also enjoyed watching them in the semi final vs the French girls. It's not about who lost or won, it's just the way they played: so much more natural and less money and media involved. In a nutshell, it's real sport, not like men's football with a bunch of stars who think they are semi gods because they can kick in ball better than their neigbour. The ladies taught us a lesson of humanity and almost reconcialiated me with football (soccer in the colonies)

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#3 rkline56

rkline56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:56 PM

Don't be sorry Clint they did well. I also enjoyed watching them in the semi final vs the French girls. It's not about who lost or won, it's just the way they played: so much more natural and less money and media involved. In a nutshell, it's real sport, not like men's football with a bunch of stars who think they are semi gods because they can kick in ball better than their neigbour. The ladies taught us a lesson of humanity and almost reconcialiated me with football (soccer in the colonies)

Amen, Skip. Sports is so....... well it is so - unlike the days of the Yankee Clipper, Mick, Yogi, Whitey and the Sultan of Swat. Even though the Yankees almost always pound my Indians you have to love them for the purity of their excellence. Even like the old days of Arsenal and Man U. Congratulations Japan and USA women for a great game.
" I have heard. You are the grey rider. You would not make peace with the Bluecoats. You may go in peace." Chief Ten Bears

#4 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 21,596 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

The French girls ( semi finalists) arrived in paris today and were welcome by 500 fans who came to say "thank you". I suppose the other semi(finalists) who did not make it to the top podium were also warmly welcomed by their fans. Bravo to the Japanese , they deserved to win.

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#5 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• 9,729 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

Bravo to the Japanese also. The game kept me riveted to the TV. Good game all around.

image001.png

Lou

#6 Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

to see our ladies lose the World Cup title last night, but if they were going to lose to any team I'm rather pleased it was to the Japanese. That nation needs something to cheer about for a change, they have had a major run of disaster all of this year.

Well done Japan, and Congratulations.

Clint, not half as sorry as i´ve been seeing our Ladies loosing their game!!!
Regards, Ulrich

Horrido!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem!" LtGen. Chesty Puller.

#7 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,413 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

my thoughts exactly Ulrich hopeful the womens German team was not booed .............. ?
:aceofspades: E ~

#8 Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

No Erich, but it was sad to see them going at this stadium of the games the next stage would have been a better base to loose! But thats life, one is a looser, the other one wins the pot!
Regards, Ulrich

Horrido!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem!" LtGen. Chesty Puller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users