Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hi there

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Dave Homewood, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Dave Homewood

Dave Homewood recruit

Hi everyone,

My name is Dave Homewood, I joined this forum a few days ago after discovering it via a mention of it on another forum.

I live in New Zealand, and I served for four and a quarter years in the Royal New Zealand Air Force in 1989-93. I have a huge interest in RNZAF history and I have been described a lot as an RNZAF Historian. I run a website called Wings Over Cambridge, which is dedicated to preserving the stories and memories of the men and women from my town of Cmabridge who served in the Air Forces, especially in WWI and WWII. There's a lot of other RNZAF history on the ever growing site too. The site is here:
    Homepage - Wings Over Cambridge - Air Force, RNZAF, RAF, WAAF, WWII

I also run the Wings Over New Zealand Aviation Forum which is here Wings Over New Zealand - Home This started as an adjunct to the website but has expanded and grown in popularity, and is now the largest and most popular NZ aviation discussion forum there is.

I am working on a series of books that will record the history of the RNZAF's General Reconnaissance Squadrons between 1937 and 1945 (they flew Baffins, Vildebeests, Vincents, Rapides, Express, Empires, Oxfords, Hudsons, Singapores and Venturas in NZ and the Pacific).

I'm a small time film maker too and I've been recording interviews with WWII veterans for a project to save their stories for posterity and get them out to the public. I have filmed around 150 veterans, and for the website and book project I have recorded interviews with probably another 150 or so on audio cassette too. So I have been doing my bit the past few years to save the stories.

I enjoy writing, photography, digital art, and many other hobbies. I also belong to a number of aviation and military history forums including apart from my own, Key Publishing Historic Aviation Forum, Planetalk Forum, WIX, RAF Commands Forum, 12 O'Clock High Forum, WW2Talk Forum, The Aerodrome Forum, and others, so i do a bit of reading and writing.

I'm glad I found this place, it looks big and comprehensive, so I'm off for a stroll around. Cheers!

gunbunnyb/3/75FA likes this.
  2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Dave, welcome to the forum!

3. gunbunnyb/3/75FA

gunbunnyb/3/75FA Member

howdy, welcome to the forum, sounds like you are gonna fit in around here just fine mate.

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Howdy Dave, good to have another Kiwi about the joint.

Was it WW2Talk? We're on better than speaking terms with them, so you can mention the site.

5. Spitfire_XIV

Spitfire_XIV Member

Hi there Dave from a fellow New Zealander :)

6. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

If your walking around the forum....keep yer hands on yer wallet matey....Lots of yanks about....key publishing? Pilot officer prune and Fighter control forums?