Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Fallschirmjager der Waffen-SS IM BILD

Discussion in 'ETO, MTO and the Eastern Front' started by Fury 1991, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Fury 1991

Fury 1991 New Member

This is a photo book that is very well done on the paras of the Waffen SS. The author being Siegfried Milius who was the last commander of SS Para Battalion 600. There are many good pictures with both German and English translations. They could have done a better job organizing the photos into categories of the specific missions. These are some very good photos and many of them make it very clear about the hardships and difficult circumstances these men were confronted with. The author makes a interest comment that really caused me to respect these men more. He talks how they all realized that the war was lost, and that most of them realized that it was very likely they were going to be killed due to the extreme nature of their missions. These men were very unselfish. I would give it four stars out of five.

2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Thanks for the quick review!

Moved to book Reviews, ETO, MTO and Russian Front

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

a very old Munin verlag title of which I own many there are updated versions of the W-SS Fallshirm titles. most Munin titles are short ton text except captioning sometimes this is even incorrect. and did you know the title of the Kursk title buy Sylvester Stadler was the opening book that debunked the total myth of Soviet armor superiorityand domination oover the 3 W-SS Tiger I units. George Nipe and all others have used this very title for the basis of their Kursk works

4. Fury 1991

Fury 1991 New Member

This is a 2007 version.

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

obviously be re-released as Munin bit the bullet back in the 1980's but I had heard they came back in slightly different format in the 2000's, think nation Europa was covering Munin but in a different format and the photos were not as sharp and clear