Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Go for Moscow in August of '41

Discussion in 'What If - European Theater - Eastern Front & Balka' started by ColHessler, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

I got this idea after playing "Panzer Corps Wehrmacht." The game gives you choices, depending on how well you do at certain battles. I managed to finish the initial Barbarossa invasion before mid-July. The game gave me the choice of going for the encirclement of Kiev, or to go for Moscow in August of '41.
    By pushing up from Byelorussia right away, I was able to close up on Moscow and take the city before the fall rains had set in. I used some Fallschirmjager along my flanks for surprise drops, and once I'd smashed through the front, I was able to advance quickly through. My quickest move once out of the forest was on the northern flank.

Do you think that would have worked in real life? Could a push have been made, ignoring the Soviet armies in the Ukraine, to make a quick thrust? Or was it just a game?:panzerattack:

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

What do you think about this What If, boys. Approve it or not?

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I think it should be allowed. It would give some of our Eastern Front guys something to chew on, although I suspect we'll see a lot about supply lines.