Photo
- - - - -

Looking for info: Bill Tutt (William Henry Tuttlebee), PoW in Changi after fall of Singapore

singapore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Walter

Walter

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hello!

I'm joining from the UK. My Dad, Bill Tuttlebee, was a driver (I think in the Royal Artillery) who arrived in Singapore in late Jan/early Feb 1942, about 2 weeks before it fell. He spent the rest of the war as a PoW in Changi .... except, did he ?

Most of the PoWs in Changi, from what I can gather, were sent out on various labour activities, many to build the Thai-Burma railroad, some to Java, etc. Dad hardly spoke of his time as a PoW, so I don't know.
Q. Can any ex-Changi-PoWs or their children comment on the above assumption ? Is it likely he would have stayed at the same camp at Changi from '42 through to the end of the war ?

I'm currently trying to track down his service record, PoW card etc at the UK's National Archive etc.
Any suggestions on how to track down info on his repatriation or the ship he went out on would be appreciated.
Or anything else anyone feels might be helpful.

Thanks very much

Walter

#2 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 10,111 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

I don't know if these are any help, but there are many links to follow. links for research, Allied POWs under the Japanese

image001.png

Lou

#3 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 22,052 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

I Hope you'll find some useful information on this forum.

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: singapore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users