Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Finally: Justice for Assange ...

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Tamino, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

... and shame for western "democracies"!

On December 11th, 2010, one of my the most favorite members of this community, Volga Boatman from Australia, wrote:

Amen to that!

The thread was closed.

16 AUGUST 2012: Ecuador has granted Political Asylum to Assange!

WHY Western Democracies Prosecute Assange! Why was he expulsed?

On my knees I beg American patriots and other "Democrat" zealots to refrain from heated debate, to avoid closure of this thread.

2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

If he's so innocent, why did he flee to the Ecuadorian embassy rather than the Australian one?! That in itself is suspicious.
    If I got into trouble in a foreign country, my OWN embassy would be the first place I would head.

3. Tamino

Because all 16 requests for assistance are refused in full by Australian government! It would have been much easier to surrender to Americans outright!

Assange is innocent!

4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Perhaps because of extradition treaties?

5. Tamino

There is something even more than just official treaties. Many countries are too enthusiastic for collaboration with US Government inoficially. The former Slovenian Prime Minister Mr. Pahor has secretly negotiated with US officials to take over several Guantanamo prisoners to Slovenia in return to be invited to visit the White House! Politicians have their own logic.

6. GRW

That's a bit of a contradiction, isn't it? If his own government doesn't believe a word he says, why the hell should the rest of us?

7. GRW

No, it's because they would have no legal right to represent him-
    "As the Consular Services Charter makes clear, the Australian Government can neither represent Australian citizens in legal proceedings in foreign jurisdictions nor intervene in those proceedings on their behalf. "
    Declaration of Abandonment - Justice for Assange
    This whole thing is turning into a paranoia-fest for anyone desperate to blame the US for everything.

SKYLINEDRIVE likes this.
  8. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

If he is so innocent, the best tactic would be to go to court with your strong case of being innocent. When one cavalierly puts our operatives at risk with wide open exposure, one has taken lightly the responsibilities for other's lives. He did not just release the matters he thought were of misbehavior.....he released it all let the innocent be murdered by the terrorists. The entire free world must respect the ugly job our operatives must do to completely protect us and preserve our home freedoms. By handling the materials in this manner he insured that he could not be thought of as simply a vehicle of exposure. His actions with the girls seem to exhibit the same kind of irresponsible behavior in his personal life. Get him to trial and let us all see the details of his actions as heard by a court of law in the free world. There are many things "Western Democracy" can improve themselves on, however letting our operatives get exposed for this weak principled individual isn't amongst those things. Get a hero if you want to make a hero and admire him. If this guy is your choice, it only reflects on you. I do not agree that we should torture anyone and many in the free world hold strongly to that sentiment, it will take time for things to sort out.....if we abandon principles we take steps backward not forward. I want to move forward but acknowledge we sometimes take steps very backward and I am sad for that.

9. Tamino

The official position of Australian government proves nothing. Their point of view just reveals that they would hand over Assange to America.

Now, imagine that Assange has revealed top secret of the state of Parador, for example. Would Australian government even bother issuing an official statement. They would perhaps nominate Assange for Nobel Price for Peace! Do you see where is the difference?

Assange is just a warning to others.

10. GRW

I would have thought the females in Sweden were entitled to justice too, since Australia keeps trumpeting about how progessive it is now, and that misogyny is a thing of the past.

11. GRW

No, that's just paranoid BS.

12. GRW

This would tend to suggest that Australia is a long way from being an American poodle-
    "Australia, which tries to tread a fine line between supporting its closest ally, the US, and not upsetting China, its biggest trading partner, yesterday rejected a proposal to base a US nuclear aircraft carrier group near Perth, saying it did not want American bases in the country.
    The idea was raised in a Pentagon-commissioned report by the influential Washington-based Centre for Strategic and International Studies, which suggested relocating a carrier and its support fleet from the US east coast to HMAS Stirling, an Australian naval base south of Perth, as part of a new strategic focus on Asia."
    Australia rejects proposal to base a US nuclear aircraft carrier group near Perth - Australasia - World - The Independent

13. Tamino

Does this mean that Assange is a traitor? If a country has secret organizations doing their dirty job away from legal system, then all of us are potential targets, including you Gomez.

14. Tamino

I gave you a "like" for this post just because you used very nice abbreviation: BS. :)

15. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

I don't know what you are referring to but I would say many of our operatives are law abiding.....you are the one who came up with words "away from the legal system" so you cannot put words in my mouth sir. When you twist and turn like that .....well you are just slithering and as far as me being targeted......you are probably right about that but here I am free to speak and talk about it too. What I mean by ugly may not be illegal just unpleasant for family people that would rather be home with their families. I happen to know and am even related to people involved in intelligence and they have lived their lives depicting the highest moral values of anyone I know and done so without recognition that normal soldiers get. If there are activities Assange wishes to reveal then he should leave the "innocents" just doing their normal job alone and reveal the evil. He didn't do that, he revealed everything. He cared not at all for innocents so he is like the terrorists who target the innocents. When you have no standards, you cannot claim a moral path.

16. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Very nice use of BS there, But if it is so please do inform me of what there official position is? Because as far as I can tell anything to do with China and the US as long as it doesn't involve both if one says jump then the Australian government asks "How high?"

Oh and as for the Swedish rape allegations, Do you know that with there law's it has basically become a man is guilty until proven innocent? Or that reports commissioned by the European Commission (2009) and Amnesty International (2008) criticized the Swedish rape laws.

One point being in the Amnesty International report was that
    - "the evaluation and analysis of rape cases is largely dependent on the motivation, knowledge and attitude of the investigators."

17. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

:eatpopcorn: :drink_a_pint: :eatpopcorn:

Otto likes this.
  18. GRW

Thanks, Old Boy!:D

19. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

His organization spilled a good amount of their secrets and publicly embarrassed several high-level officials in the US. If someone hacked your computer and posted everything on the internet, wouldn't you be a bit peeved as well?

Also, why isn't this in The Stump?

Another thought -- have the Assange supporters considered that the charges against him could be true? I've rarely seen anyone raise this question. If I wanted to extradite him to the US, I certainly wouldn't turn to Sweden and "encourage" them to make up some "fake" assault charges just so that he can eventually end up in a US court. Why couldn't they have just got the Brits to arrest him for some crime and then ship him directly to the US?

20. GRW

Well, I already did. The Australian government pointed out that it can't represent any Australian citizen accused of anything under a foreign jurisdiction.

Clearly not, since the Australian government just told the Pentagon to get stuffed where a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier group was concerned.

Thanks to feminists, that's been the case for about 30 years.

Amnesty are an unelected, unaccountable and unrepresentative pressure group. Outside student union bars, no-one actually cares what they think.