Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Rudolf Lehmann?

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Kai-Petri, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

A great strategist in the staff on Sepp Dietrich´s, it is said. I cannot find much information on him though.Can somebody help a bit more on his career?

Born: January 30th, 1914 in Heidelburg
    Died: September 13th, 1983
    Iron Cross 2nd Class: November 15, 1939
    Iron Cross 1st Class: May 29, 1940
    German Cross in Gold:November 2, 1943
    Knights Cross:February 23, 1944
    Oakleaves:May 6th, 1945

Rudolf Lehmann attended the 2nd class at the officers school in Bad Tölz starting in April 1935. Upon his graduation he was assigned as a Zugfürher with "Germania" until April 1939. During his tenure with "Germania", Lehmann became the commander of the Panzerspähzug (armored car platoon). He became Kompanie Chef of 14/Germania in April 1940 where he remained until transferring to the "Leibstandarte" in October 1940. Lehmann served as the Ordonnanzoffizier until August 1941 when he was hospitalized. After convalencing, he was given more training and then was assigned as Ia to LSSAH in early June 1942. Lehmann was considered as one of the best staff officers of the Waffen-SS, becoming Sepp Dietrich's primary advisors. After another stint in the hospital, Lehmann was recommended for the Knight's Cross by Theodor Wisch. His award of the Knight's cross stemmed from his leadership of a hastily assembled Kampfgruppe in the Zhitomir area during December 1943. In late 1944, Lehmann became the Chief of Staff for I.SS Panzer Korps and was under Sepp Dietrich. He remained at this position until March 1945, when he assumed command of "Das Reich" and led the Division through the difficult battles of Vienna and was awarded the Oakleaves for his leadership of DR. Wounded during the fighting in Austria, Lehmann spent the remainder of the war recovering from his injuries.

[​IMG]

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

ok....Just came home from a night out, so bear with me, but didn't he (co-)author the history of 1 LSSAH? I have the II, IV/2 and the Im Bild volumes. Will look if it says something about him, but right now I am....well...too tipsy... :D [​IMG]

Maybe Timo knows something about him... ;)

[ 17. December 2002, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Stevin Oudshoorn ]

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Stevin, you are correct my friend......man it must be late in Holland now ?

R. Lehmann authored the multi-volume set on the 1st SS Panzer Division LSSAH through Munin Verlag in Germany......sorry to see that Munin is long gone....rats ! I have only the bild volume.

E

4. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Well, it is about 2 in the morning...not too late, but I got an early start... ;) (BTW had a long chat with a guy that just spent some time exploring 'your neck of the woods': Oregon, Washington, Wyoming and he wants to move there!)

I got the books from ebay.de for about 15-20 euro's each! (Im Bild was about 35)

About Munin...I recently 'Got Mit Westland Im Osten' by Fritz Hahl, which is a 2000 Munin Verlag publication...I wondered if they were back in business..It seems they are, but no longer in Osnabruck but somewhere near Trier...

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

OK, your only 5 hrs different than the local time here. Germany seems to hover from 6-7 hrs different than local time here. I wonder what the time differances are from England to local time here?

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

From the southern Oregon diametric sphere we are 8 hours from the UK time zone and 9 hours from Deutschland......so for us somewhere in between......is there a between ? ;) :D :D

E

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ok so Im 2 hrs from your timezone--6 from England and 7 from Deutschland. So if I were to call Bish, Martin or Paul--I would have to do so at 2-3pm.

Switzerland is 6 hrs differance too. I think Australia is 12 Hrs so i suppsed New Zealend is as well.

Jeeze--what is with my lousy spelling today--everytie I try to type in the word Differance--I misspell it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[ 18. December 2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Switzerland is not on the same time as Germany It is 10-11 hours from me, so 9 for you.... ? The Ukraine is 11-12 depending if you are by the Black Sea or to the north or central. I know all of this doesn't make any sense. Check the front pages of your phone book and it should give rought estimates of the hourly differences.....I hope.

E

9. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Is this Allied or German war time, Erich?? :D

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Huh ? ;) Stevin, what is your time difference from New York if you know ?

E

11. Stevin

Stevin Ace

6 hrs, we're in the same timezone as Germany...

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Now lets see how difficult it is to compare Celcius with Fahrenheit! :D

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

No sweat ! 32 C = 95 F ....... uk ! typical Oregon summer days in July/August

E