Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Short film on the mental state Britain, Russia and Germany were in, feedback?

Discussion in 'Post War 1945-1955' started by tombennett91, May 18, 2013.

1. tombennett91

tombennett91 New Member

Hi all, currently a second year uni student studying Film Production. Having passed History at GCSE's and A-levels I have carried on my own studies afterwards into the more controversial topics. One topic that raises questions are the Soviet war crimes towards Germany, were they justified? Why didn't Britain intervene? What became of the Hitler Youth members who devoted their life to an ideal that was destroyed?

Film Description: Haunted by the memories of home, an escaped British POW attempts to make his way to the Soviet front line. Along the way he stumbles across a young Hitler youth member who resembles his own daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_sZIPDsV-c

Although I've gained a fair amount of positive feedback (received a 1st from my lecturer's :dance4: ) it is mainly being judged for it's entertainment value. Few that have watched know the ins and outs of the state each country was in which is why I'm posting it here. So please any feedback on how the topic was dealt with as well as whether or not you enjoyed it as a film would be great!