Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hitlers secret love rumors.

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by AtillatheHun, Mar 10, 2001.

1. AtillatheHun

AtillatheHun Member

There have been many rumors around that I have heard about Hitler having a secret mistress whom he often took advice from. Anyone know if this is true? I personally tihnk it is a load of crap and dont buy into any of it.

2. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member

Are you kidding me?

3. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member

Now look buddy this is a serious site. We're not a bunch of idiots on this site. Most of us are veterans in real wars. You sound like you are a little kid. "Hitler's Love Fairs." We're talking about tactics and you ruin half of the posts that are set up.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hitler is rumored to have had affairs with several women during his time. It is also rumored that he had wierd sexual practices and most notably an affair with his own Niece who committed suicide.

5. Killjoy

Killjoy Member

Hitler's most notable mistress was Eva Braun.
    She WAS kept something of a secret to the German people, at least concerning her... ah... intimate involvement with Hitler.
    As to taking her advice... I think she was more window dressing than political/military confidant... besides, what kind of pillow talk would the "Russian Front" make!

------------------
    Novus Ordo Seclorum

6. Killjoy

Killjoy Member

Let's say these are "young'uns", perhaps ignorant of the impact of historic events...
    should we not endeavor to educate them as to what actually occurred rather than presuming to chide them for this ignorance wothout so much as considering that contemporary history courses consist of whitewashed nonsense conveying little if any meaningful facts?

------------------
    Novus Ordo Seclorum

7. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Well put Killjoy...

Demos, I agree the topic might be a little trite, but anyone has the right to post anything here, no matter how much or little experience they have with history or combat. In general the postings here have been quite substantive, but if you feel they aren't, my advice is to just ignore the thread.

[This message has been edited by Otto (edited 10 March 2001).]

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Well put Killjoy--Otto! My sentiments exactly.

9. SlickAG

SlickAG Guest

Demos, I really think you shouold be more outgoing and welcoming to these new questions and thoughts in the discussions. I mean all of us here have the same interest and like talking about this subject. Isnt that the reason all of us are here?

10. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Ok, I think Demos gets the message now, let's all let this isuue drop now, [​IMG]

11. JoCon

JoCon Member

i do strongly agree Otto

12. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

My purchases a dvd which about The Third Reich at war, can't remember the name now but will get to y'all, but in it was an interview with the wife of Hitler's aide Julius Schaub and she stated that Hitler was a normal man and had numerous liasons with different women.

13. alephh

alephh Member

I think these "stories" about Hitler's strange sexual habits and mistresses are often sourcing from the wartime allied propaganda -- like those propaganda pictures showing Hitler with his p**** out -- and they contribute much to all this disinformation still existing.

Of course after the war the Holocaust was "discovered" and suddenly all the allied jokes about Hitler weren't all that funny anymore.

_

14. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

There was a documentary on Hitler's sex life at some point on the History Channel. I remember their sources, including still living interviewees, claimed that Hitler was into some pretty weird stuff. (Urination, etc.)

Some claim he was gay, others that he was Asexual, I think that these claims are both false. The guy had a pretty messed up childhood, couple that with a strong Oedipus complex, and you're bound to get one sexually depraved individual.

15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I recall Eva Braun saying in some written article on her that she knew things were going well in war when he had time to see her. It also seems Eva was not really aware and perhaps not even interested in the whole WW2, only being there for Mr A. And the happiest day was when they got married and she could call herself Mrs Hitler....

16. Neon Knight

Neon Knight Member

there's a famous book on hitler's homosexuality (i haven't read it) :

The Hidden Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and here's a Q & A with the author from WashingtonPost

Washingtonpost.com: Live Online

there's a point that i find interesting: in '43 himmler used this issue to intimidate hitler in order to persuade him to start peace negotiations with the allies.

has anybody here read the book???

17. Richard

Richard Expert

There are many stories about Hitler that he was gay or into having a women pee on him and so on, if Hitler had a normal sex life he hid it well. So what if he was kinky, plenty kinky folk about to day.

18. Neon Knight

Neon Knight Member

hey don't misunderstand me.
    the point is not the sexual habits of hitler (i don't give a damn).

The point is that according to the authtor of the book this secret effected some decisions that hitler made.
    let's not forget that the political career of Ernst Roehm was heavily linked to his homosexuality (this is a fact).

i simply wanted to know if someone read the book. that's all!

After all, if there is a thread on a nazi base in antartica (geeezz... and when the nazi on the moon?) i think that quoting a book that was reviewed by all "serious" papers is not so silly (even though most reviews are critical)
    :D

19. Richard

Richard Expert

Too answer your second point no on the grounds not interested, as for your first there is another case that states while Hitler was in hospital recovering from a gas attack in 1918 and hearing the news of the German collapse sowed the seeds of Hitler's hatred of the Jews.

It's hard getting into the mind scape of Hitler after all he made a very strange comment once, "I conduct my life like a sleepwalker on a tight rope."

20. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Dont know about you guys, but I have absolutely no interest in imagining Hitler engaged in any sexual acts. Damn hold on, throw up time.