Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

WW2 Marine Corps sterling ring

Discussion in 'Battlefield Relics' started by mike2223312, Apr 17, 2014.

1. mike2223312

mike2223312 New Member

The pictures are low quality as there is a 500kb limit. If you would like higher quality pictures please inform me on how you would like them or i could always link you to my craigslist ad for this item.

Well I am obviously new here and would like some information on this item. I have acquired it in a transaction that I made on craigslist.

The research I have done has brought up that it is a WW2 era Marine Corps sterling silver ring. The patent number and makers mark are as followed

des pat 134630

DG

The patent was applied for on June 4th 1942
    The patent was approved for this ring on dec 22nd 1942.

The makers are - HARRY DREYER & MAX GOTTLIEB.

I am no expert in WW2 items and I would like to know if anyone can throw a value on this item? Also does anyone know what this particular ring was issued for? I have searched for this style of ring and have came across a resized (badly worn and the resize ruined it) Navy ring of this style, but not a Marine.

I do feel things like this deserve to go to the right place but for the right price. Any information on this item will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

View attachment 20667

View attachment 20668

Attached Files:

• sr.png
      sr.png
      File size:
      79.2 KB
      Views:
    • sr2.png
      sr2.png
      File size:
      18.6 KB
      Views:
  2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

What makes you think it is a Marine Corps ring? The only markings I see are "USA" with a flag. USA is a pretty common abreviation for "US Army"; although there does look like something below that.

The ring was most likely a PX purchase or souvenir.