Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

CommandoSupremo.com Italy at War.

Discussion in 'Italy, Sicily & Greece' started by Fred Wilson, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

[​IMG]

Fwd: Hello all,

It has been quite a while since I've been in touch but finally we have some new and very interesting Italian film material from 1940: Front Alpino 1940 & Alba de Gerra nel Mar Ligure 1940.
    The quality of the film is very good and the content interesting. Take a look at the video examples and I am sure that you'll agree.

Also, I am interested in getting some new written material up on CS so if you have something in mind let me know. We're always looking for new contributors and I'd like to get things moving again.

Don't forget to check us out on Twitter and if you are intersted in German film material take a look at our other website which can be found at www.filmhauer.net. Thanks.

Warm Regards,
    Frederick
    webmaster@comandosupremo.com
    http://www.comandosupremo.com/

2. TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier Ace

I recently added a couple of ufficio storico books to my collection, one is the four volume account of the NA campaign and the other one deals with operations in September - October 1943, there may be some interesting material there (was thinking of the operations by Friuli, Cremona and 226 coastal divisions against the Germans, mostly from 29 Panzergrenadier, in Corsica, an obscure subject if evert here is one but doing some trekking there has woken up my interst, I wonder where to get some German or French sources to act as a counterpart to the "official" Italian account. I didn't like the old Comando Supremo (too much RSI for my tastes), but the new one loooks great, should visit there more often.

3. Markus Becker

Markus Becker Member

The site is offering interesting information. I much recommend the article Rommel vs. Graziani. It highlights the vast discrepancy in terms of firepower between the British Imperial forces in Egypt and the troops the Italians had in Libya in 1940. It's a must read if you want to know why the British wiped the floor with the Italians during Compass.

4. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

Fwd from: [​IMG]

Things are moving right along nicely. This last week we got a good article contribution from a new member about the Anglo-American bias and the Italo-Greek War of 1940-1941. Its definitely worth a read.

Moving to another front we have CS is now offering Italian newsreels on a the DVD Guerra Sovieti 1941. The quality of the film is very good and the content interesting. Take a look at the video examples and I am sure that you'll agree.