Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Does School Hide HG Arms Stash?

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by GRW, Jul 29, 2014.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Reminds me of the old carpet mill in the village where I grew up. One of the buildings was used as a drill hall by the HG, the whole place falling derelict not long after the war. In the early '70s a couple of my classmates were raking in the ruins and took home some live ammo and a grenade. The ammo etc was disposed of by the bomb squad, and the ruins were flattened within weeks.
    "Second World War weapons could be buried at a Moray primary school, experts have said.
    Newly rediscovered aerial photographs show a wartime trench and military trucks at West End Primary School in Elgin.
    A council spokesman said that it is "unlikely" that live ammunition training took place at the school, but added that caches of weapons could be buried there.
    They said: “It is only thanks to the emergence of the photograph that we became aware of this trench and the plan is to undertake a comprehensive geophysical survey of the site.
    “Any anomalies that the survey throws up will be excavated at the time and dealt with.
    “The work will begin on Monday and should take only two or three days so it will be completed before the school reopens after the holidays."
    http://news.stv.tv/north/284309-war-weapons-could-be-buried-at-west-end-primary-school-in-elgin-in-moray/