Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Noob alert :C

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by WMcAllen, Nov 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. WMcAllen

WMcAllen New Member

Well hi I was searching about something to do with SS re-enacting and found this site
    (dont worry i dont want to play nazi XD)

1.My name is William when you say my user name everyone tends to say Allen its McAllen but i dont mind ill understand

2. My age well lol from what ive read a lot of you could be my granddad im 16(well literally 2 weeks to go) ive been interested in the second world war in particular for as long as i can remember though only recently i know in-depth about it earliest ww2 game i can remember is probably medal of honor airborne and the earliest film erm i dont know what its called but it was one of those 1970s films about US soldiers. Most of my knowledge is from documentaries and the occasional research which is usually wiki or some interview with a veteran.

3. Regnum Anglie :D

4.Wow there's so much i have in the past year become very interested into the eastern front and things like operation Barbarossa and the battle of Kursk etc.. But before and still now ive been fascinated by aviation but i wont go on too long about this i could go on all day. I like tanks as-well and can tell you a few things about them for starters 90% of british ww2 tanks were like turtles armoured to hell but cant move much lol. Things i would want to know more about probably the Pacific campaign and especially Burma as both my granddads served there one in the Airforce (flying the Sunderland) and the other being in the Army my knowledge about that theater of war is very shaky.

5. Well im kind of typical i spend lots of time indoors on a laptop but when i can ill go out and shake a leg lol but right now its cold so im basically hibernating. The games i play are mostly war related with exceptions being sims 3 and spore right now ive got my self stuck into War-thunder and World of tanks both good games with different developers and different ideas. War-thunder if you have a good computer or a ps4 is a brilliantly made game with fantastic realism and graphics, it currently is in development but already has an extensive Airforce from 5 major nations and are in the early stages of giving all those nations tanks though if you get stressed with computers i wouldn't recommend as its a free to play game were you have to unlock vehicles etc.. world of tanks however is more arcade-style but really fun and is still free to play but seems easier to get the nice tanks you want. They also have a branch into Airforce(though its a different game but there still connected because you use the same login) and eventually the navy if im not mistaken. But with the Nerdy stuff aside ive been in the Air Cadets until recently and i am buying a ww2 soviet m43 uniform i wont do reenacting but its more of a collectable i have always felt that the soviets did the most to defeat fascism and they get the least respect in many cases less respect than the SS!

6.Other time periods? hmmm probably 18th century i have a Dummy Brown bess musket over my fire place and have loved playing Empire Total war and Napoleon Total war which are really good Strategy games which are fairly cheap now but again you would need a good computer. in specific areas it would be the Royal Navy and wars like the 7 years war which Winston Churchill called the first world war when he was a young historian, i also used to be a little into the Roman era up until the fall of Constantinople.

7. Well really ive said about everything and your eyes probably hurt by now as i like discussing about history and even politics i thought a forum would be a good idea and this seems a really good place to start.

View attachment 21652

Attached Files:

2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.

3. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Howdy William.

Crotchety old turd here. Jump on in.

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Jeez, if Slipdigit is a crotchety old turd, what does that make me?

5. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Welcome aboard...

7. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Welcome

8. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Welcome...I'm not as old as some of the other dinosaurs here, but don't like kids on my lawn.

9. WMcAllen

WMcAllen New Member

well there's a lot of replies here thanks ive read around its a pretty big website and i thought the introduction would be a good idea as everyone else seems to do so

10. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Welcome young Dark Sider!

11. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

A crotchety old yankee turd, what else?

Oh and welcome to the forums there slick.

12. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

*Sigh* I should have known...

13. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Welcome to the Forum, William.

14. WMcAllen

WMcAllen New Member

oh when is the blogs and the store going to be up? are they in development or something?

15. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Glad to help out. Anytime you need some more help, just holler.