Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Real Inglorious Bastards

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by sn88, Jan 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. sn88

sn88 New Member

Hey guys! I'm new here and thought I'd share with you all a film I recently worked on that's been getting a lot of attention - THE REAL INGLORIOUS BASTARDS, for HISTORY. Have any of you seen it? Did you already know about Operation Greenup or was it surprising to you? Would love to know what you thought.

For those that haven't, here's what it's about:
    During World War II, the U.S. government's newly formed Office of Strategic Services trained thousands of men and launched hundreds of undercover missions. The Real Inglorious Bastards recounts the thrilling story of one of the most successful of these missions—Operation Greenup, comprised of two young Jewish refugees and one Wehrmacht officer. Three unlikely brothers-in-arms parachute one perilous winter night into the Austrian Alps, risking their lives to strike back at Nazi Germany.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_HPrFLy-GM

2. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

3. Natman

Natman Member

I watched it last fall, can't remember what channel though. Enjoyed it. I'd never heard of Operation Greenup and know next to nothing about the OSS. They had an incredible amount of luck with the plane ride to the jump point, parachuting in the snow/dark and eventually finding the sled for their escape out of the mountain snows. Nice you were able to include the short reunion at the end. I would watch it again.

sn88 likes this.
  4. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

sn88 likes this.
  5. sn88

sn88 New Member

Glad you enjoyed in Natman! Apparently they are trying to get Fred Mayer awarded a medal, but it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully it happens before we lose him - he's 93 now!

6. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

This sounds like an interesting story. Thank you for sharing this sn88!

sn88 likes this.