Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

sons, brothers, fathers, part 1

Discussion in 'Roll of Honor & Memories - All Other Conflicts' started by bronk7, Feb 22, 2015.

1. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert poster , so I'll post this and add some pics....and then part 2 will be of my dad's brothers and friend....I have some 1950-51 news articles on them............my dad joined the USMC reserves, and eventually found his way to Korea as an 0351 anti tank assaultman in weapons Co. 1-7......
    late Nov-early Dec found the 1st Marine Div in a fierce battle with not only a Chinese Army that greatly outnumbered them, but also below zero temps at the Chosin Resevoir
    my dad was hit above the left knee....he always states, that as he was laying wounded, he saw the napalm strike that ''probably'' got the enemy that got him!....his hometown friend Nick, [ in C 1-7 ] with whom he played basketball with almost every night, just happened to be near, and helped carry him on the stretcher
    the Marines fought their way to the sea, while decimating the Chinese
    left pic date location unknown...right pic <>Yokosuka, where he said he recovered
    more pics to follow

Attached Files:

Otto likes this.
  2. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

left pic<>receiving the Purple Heart....right pic<>location date unknown

Attached Files:

Otto likes this.
  3. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

first pic<>some amateur flag<>when and where made unknown...my dad doesn't remember... View attachment 22126

Attached Files:

Otto likes this.
  4. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

That is a good story Bronk, please pass my regards to your father. I know the Battle of Chosin Reservoir wasn't pretty. Those are some good pictures you have of your father.