Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

84th Army Field Hospital - Camp Kilmer NJ

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by epc1963, Jul 29, 2004.

1. epc1963

epc1963 recruit

Looking for info on the unit my father server in during WW2. He recently passed away and I want to preserve the history of his service for the country he loved so much. The 84th spent time in/near Liege Belgium at the time of the bulge, and his unit was also at Buchenwald immediately upon liberation. Camp Kilmer NJ was one of the places he received med training, but its the only place where I have a unit photo from 1945.

Any info on my dads unit history would be greatly appreciated.

2. L Kloesel

L Kloesel recruit

My dad was also with the 84th Field Hospital - I am trying to find out what unit, corp or division that was part of so I can request replacements for all medals, patches, etc. he would have received during 1942-45. You can request the same from the National Personnel Records Center 877-827-9026.

3. nascentday

nascentday recruit

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

A nice photo. Do you have id's for the men in the picture?
    BTW, welcome to the forum.

5. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Some time ago, I came across the website WW2 US Medical Research Centre. I wasn't able to find anything on the 84th Army Field Hospital, but it might be worth contacting them to see if they can offer any help on finding out more about the 84th. They will not have anything on personnel records and will likely direct those inquiries to the NARA.

6. Fdandrea

Fdandrea recruit

Yesterday I was talking with my 90 year old grandfather Frank D'Andrea about his time in WWII and was explaining how he could find information on his unit on the internet. Amazingly I found your photo -- It's amazing that you only left this note a few days ago! Initially he thought he wasn't in that unit until '45, but there he is sitting down in the front row -- he's looking to the left, not at the camera, and the guy behind him has his hands on my grandfather's shoulders. If possible I would love to get a high-res version of the photo that I could print out for him.

I also found one soldier's account of his time in the unit:
    Where soldiers cried for morphine, their mothers - Morning Call

7. hender

hender New Member

I have some pictures of my father & men he served with in the 84th army fld hos when overseas. I have his letters with the dated envelopes,
    that he wrote home of when, where in the u.s. & while in europe.

new to the forum.

8. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Welcome, hender. Please feel free to post any photos in this thread or, if you prefer, start your own thread about your father's service in the What Grandad (or Dad in your case!) Did in the War section. Also, please introduce yourself to the rest of the forum in our New Members section.