Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

China-Russian alliance?

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Sloniksp, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Australia just signed an historical free trade agreement...supplying beef and wine to their elite...what can russia offer china other than a mates voice?

Sloniksp likes this.
  3. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

:D :D :D

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

: ) - You are being quiet Sloniksp...Is there anything Russia can offer? I would have said military tech, but China seems to have an open door to any project it wants electronically...
    Is this a true friendship or "any enemy of my enemy is a friend" kind of thing?

5. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I can assure you that the current relationship between the two states is genuine. This of course comes from multiple sources and can quite easily be obtained by any search engines. I will say that the Chines have always been sneaky tho :)

As for what Russia can offer well the answer is quite a lot. IMO, the main reason why the current sanctions on Russia failed to have the devastating effect which they were intended for was largely because of China. China pledged full Financial support to Russia and the show of solidarity. Russia repaid China with the largest energy deal ever signed and sold China its most sophisticated surface to air missile complex the S400 (which China has been asking for, for a decade).

The Silk Road agreed upon between the two states has also been hailed as the largest free trade project of the century...Trade between the two nations has more than tripled and I believe you no longer need Visas to travel between the two?

Most recently Russia has just leased China a Hong Kong size strip of land for agriculture virtually free of charge.

http://rt.com/business/267442-china-russia-leasehold-land/

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

And building a gas pipe for free and selling cheap gas...China would be stupid not to accept. To me it seems Russia has to find a new way to sell items/gas/oil to make the balance better or it´s gonna be over for Putin. Selling stuff under market price does not seem very clever though to me, China might not be interested in continuing the trade in normal price. What then?

7. lwd

lwd Ace

Several articles I've linked from the strategy page have mentioned this. Certainly the relationships have grown but it's far from clear that the driver is "a growing threat from US foreign policy". Indeed on China's part it looks like it is mostly to promote China's expansionist policies. The same seems to be true of Russia come to think of it. US foreign policy was actually pro Russian until Putin started working on his expansionist policies.

8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Also one must remember China is afraid that the country could break to pieces like the USSR did and that they cannot tolerate that and will support politics that help them to keep the country together.

9. green slime

green slime Member

It was asked what China has to gain from Russia.

Look at the border. Look at the length of it. Which would you prefer; a neighbour, or a rival?

There are obvious gains to be had in having a friend to the North.

10. lwd

lwd Ace

China has been pirating Russina tech especially military tech for some time. However haveing the legal right to make it has ramifications as far as foreign sales go. The Chinese have also had some problems producing certain things (jet engines come to mind) which the Russians are significantly better at. Giving these to the Chinese (or selling them) may not be in Russias long term interest but they may well be required in the short term.

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I´d be also interested in the possible and probable cheap work force movement. Isn´t Russia afraid that the Chinese will take the working places of the Russians for alot less wages?

12. lwd

lwd Ace

From what I've read Russia is nervous about a number of things in regards to China at this time but Putin wants/needs a major ally.

13. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Seems like Putin might need to have a strong ally...

http://www.dw.de/jeb-bush-calls-for-more-us-troops-in-eastern-europe/a-18512660

Jeb Bush is ready for action...in speech at least

http://www.cbs8.com/story/29271657/jeb-bush-seeks-stronger-us-steps-against-russias-putin

Republican presidential contender Jeb Bush is warning Russia that if he becomes president, the U.S. will do more to tamp down Vladimir Putin's aggression, especially in Ukraine and Eastern Europe, and to "isolate his corrupt leadership from his people." But Bush did little to tip his hand on what those steps would be.
    In his first foreign speech of the 2016 campaign, Bush criticized what he called dramatic declines in U.S. military spending, suggesting that has undercut credibility as Washington and its allies confront threats in Eastern Europe and elsewhere. Putin, he said, must know in advance that there will be consequences to his actions, because the Russian president is a ruthless pragmatist who "will push until someone pushes back."

14. edhunter76

edhunter76 Member

Meh, Putler is just shitting himself and needs new friends. Of course China is interested as they see an opportunity to take full advantage of Russia who is basically hanging from the ropes if their financial decline continues. Selling stuff under market prices seems to me like very desperate thing to do.

15. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I am unaware of Russia signing an energy deal below market prices....

As for being aggressive. Come guys, Obama (Nobel peace prize recipient) has bombed 6 countries in 7 years....

Why are certain countries allowed to do anything they wish in the name of national interests and others are not?

Tamino likes this.
  16. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

17. edhunter76

edhunter76 Member

Totally agree with you on this, absolutely! Anyone shouldn't have the right to do anything they wish in the name of national interests. I'm guessing this depends on where you are looking this from. From my perspective, US is far away country and they don't bomb my country or any neighboring countries, nor they pose any threat whatsoever but more support and cooperation. Russia on the other hand is right here next to my country and our history isn't that friendly and we hear hidden or straight threats from them time to time.

18. lwd

lwd Ace

That's hardly comparable though is it? What treaties has he broken doing so? What territory has the US acquired in the process?

They aren't. No country in t he world today can get away with doing "anything the wish". Some can indeed get away with more than others. That's unfortunate but it's the way it is. China and Russia are rather at the top of that scale right now by the way.

19. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

Nice try...

To start with: the basis of your "question" is flawed - no country is allowed to do "anything they wish in the name of national interests". The USA either operates as a part of an international coalition, authorized by the UN or representative group of countries involved, or fights against international terrorist groups, which already have made lethal attacks against the USA and/or many other countries.

Russia on the other hand ONLY attacks other countries in the name of national interests, and is naturally condemned for that. Nothing new here...

Trying to present Russian criminal aggression as "normal international behaviour" is standard Russian propaganda procedure. However the free world knows better - it's not!

edhunter76 likes this.
  20. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Is bombing sovereign states legal? Isn't that what Russia is being accused of by the U.S.? As for territory, well according to some, that would depend on the number of vassals gained in the process..

According to this, the U.S. leads the world in military intervention...

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions.html

According to this leaked US document the U.S. Knowingly armed and supported the Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda and ISIS against Assad. Later started to bomb Syria (sovereign state) against the wishes of Syrias Govt.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/document-archive/pgs-287-293-291-jw-v-dod-and-state-14-812-2/

Isn't Saudi Arabia currently doing in Yemen what the U.S. Accuses Russia of doing in Ukraine? Where is the outrage? Where are the sanctions? Where is the media coverage? It is precisely these kind of events which are viewed by China and Russia as hypocrisy.

Here is a list of Govt overthrows by the U.S.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1033593