Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

wwi

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Deborahr, Jun 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Deborahr

Deborahr Member

I know this is not a WWII query but I am running out of places to look. I am searching for my great grandfathers war records from WWL. His medal stated that he was:
    34002 GNR W. WOOD R.F.A. His name was William Wood and he was from Ironville in Derbyshire. He survived the war and died in 1930. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great. I have looked on ancestry, but cannot find him.

Deborah

2. lwd

lwd Ace

The sister forum to this one specializes in UK matters. It might be worth asking there. Putting "UK" and "records" in the title will help as well. In anycase we do have a number of very knowledgeable people in regards to this sort of question so there's a good chance it will be answered soon. Hopefully this post will give it a bit of a boost as well.

By the way I'm not a moderator but would be very surprised if they have any sort of complaint about WWI vs WWII. Many here are interested in WWI as well and this board seams to specialize in helping people find such information.

Welcome aboard and good luch with your research.

3. 4jonboy

4jonboy Active Member

Hello Deborah and welcome.
    As suggested, pleased try our sister forum at ww2talk.com.
    http://ww2talk.com/forums/index.php

I am also a member there and we have a pre-war section where you could post your query.

Lesley