Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Man With the Golden Sword by John B Leith

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by Buten42, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Has anyone wasted their time reading this piece of crap?
    It is written as a non-fiction but appears to have not a shread of truth.
    I love a good action packed novel, and especially a well written action packed non-fiction, but this fails in both regards. I believe they need a special category for books like this called "absolute BS"

Please correct me if anyone can find any merit in this book- maybe I missed something.

2. Takao

Takao Ace

Is there really a blurb on the back cover from a regression therapist?

Is this the same author that wrote "Genesis for the New Space Age, Secret Development of the Round Wing Plane, the Extra Terrestrials from Inside the Earth, and the Arrival of the Outer Terrestrials"?

3. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Yup Takao, that's him.
    How can he be taking credit for being a war hero with the MOH, etc without someone doing something? Isn't there a law against that sort of thing?

4. Takao

Takao Ace

Google books has it listed as fiction, so I don't think that any law would apply.

5. Carronade

Carronade Ace

The Stolen Valor Act provides for prosecution if someone receives money or tangible benefits from falsely claiming certain awards including the MOH. An earlier version of the act was thrown out by the courts on free speech grounds; apparently profiting from the deception is what they hope will make this one viable. I suppose the government would have to establish that some proportion of the author's profits derived from the false claim, i.e. that people bought the book who otherwise might not have. Hard case to make I imagine.

6. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Apparently the author of this rag is dead, but considerating the BS he's capable of it's debatable.
    Even tho Amazon has it listed as fiction, most all the reviews believe it to be true. The person who published it, Robyn C. Andrews must be receiving tangible benefits from it.
    What's scary is how gullible most people are.