Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

1944 Picture

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by SSDD, Sep 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SSDD

SSDD New Member

I am new to the Forum. I am writing an account of my father Lt. Hugh W. Pope, US Army. His outfit was Signal Security Detachment "D," part of the 12th Army Group. SSD"D" trained and worked in London at about the same time Germany was launching V1 rockets toward London and England. In the account I am trying to give the reader a sense of what it was like to work in London at that time. With that in mind I have attached a photo I want to use. I'm pretty sure it is from 1944 in London during the V1 days. However, I have lost track of who owns this picture. And I would like to give credit in my account. I did not find it at Imperial War Museum or Getty Images. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles Pope
    chasmpope@hotmail.com View attachment 22944

Attached Files:

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

You can contact the British embassy for copyright information. A picture from those days is probably under a 25 year copyright.

3. m kenny

m kenny Member

A female warden carrying a little girl after she had been rescued by a fireman from a house on which a V1 flying bomb had landed in Southern England, June 23rd 1944. IWM HU36227

4. sonofacameron

sonofacameron Member

The V1 was known in various parts of the South east of England as a "Doodlebug" or more colloquially as, "A bugger with its arse afire" !!!