Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Nazi's that disappeared. Have I missed any?

Discussion in 'Post War 1945-1955' started by bazalgette, Sep 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bazalgette

bazalgette New Member

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have compiled a list of Nazis who disappeared completely or who's deaths are doubtful or contested. I was wondering if I have missed any? Here they are below.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Petar Brzica, escaped war criminal and franciscan priest, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Heinrich Müller, head of gestapo, [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Dr Hanz Kammler, oversaw SS construction projects, and towards the end of World War II[/SIZE] was put in charge of the V-2 missile and jet programmes
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Constanze Manziarly, She served as a cook[/SIZE]/dietitian to Adolf Hitler until his final days inBerlin in 1945.
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Hermann Michel, sometimes referred to as "[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Preacher[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]", was a Nazi[/SIZE] and [SIZE=10.5pt]SS[/SIZE]-Oberscharführer
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Richard Glücks, [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]The highest-ranking [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Concentration Camps Inspector[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] in [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Nazi [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Germany, believed to have committed suicide[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] although the lack of official records or photos gave ground to speculations about his ultimate fate.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Alwin-Broder Albrecht, a German naval officer who was one of Adolf Hitler's adjutants[/SIZE] during World War II, is believed to have committed suicide on 1 May 1945, aged 41. His body was never found.
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Helmuth Friedrichs, a German[/SIZE] Nazi Party official. He was an important figure in the Office of the Deputy Führer and its successor the Nazi Party Chancellery.
    Maria Orsic, also known as Maria Orschitsch was a famous medium who became the leader of the Vril Gesellschaft

I know about Martin Bormann, but his body was identified by DNA testing many years later.

Admin Edit:

I merged your threads. One thread per subject, please.

2. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

Please enlighten us with a reason or purpose for your post, OK?
    There were 5.3 million Nazi Party members by 1939.
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:NSDAP-Mitglied

Between 4 and 5 million military and 2 to 2.5 million civilian Germans died during WW2.

How many Nazi Party members died? Who knows.
    Perhaps experts on the German WW2 forums would know. (The Reich were masters at statistics.)

So your list probably just scratches the surface. The link above may be of some help.

Many would have been vaporized by bomb blasts in the last days of the war, or would have died of natural causes by now anyhow.

And lord knows how many were assassinated post war by (Mossad) Nokim Death Squads... (Shrouded in Secrecy)
    http://www.rense.com/general21/germ.htm
    http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=1163

But suffice it to say many would have more to account for than a cook and most of the rest of your list.

3. bazalgette

bazalgette New Member

It's for a book, similar to the Odessa File. I'm looking for the names of individuals, not general statistics.

The disappearance of Nazi war criminals and those associated with them has been well documented and is of great interest to many people who suffered throughout the war.

4. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

I find it very interesting....where and how did they ''disappear''?? I've read some Nazi escape line books, so I wouldn't be surprised if many did escape.....great thread IMO...thanks for the info, so I can research as I gaze at my German WW2 memorabilia ....

bazalgette likes this.
  5. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Posting the same message multiple times in different parts of the forum is frowned upon. Often times new members will post the same request for information message in multiple forums and never return. This really burns some people.

It is not neccessary to be condenscending to new members, but hopefully that provides some background to explain why you got that treatment. Oh, and a belated "welcome" to the forums! I'm interested in this topic as well -- what is the name of your book going to be and what exactly will it be about?

Cheers

6. lwd

lwd Ace

I would think that there are massive numbers who would fit the bill. Or are you only talking about "top" Nazis? If so what is your defitnion of "top".

Note that at least every year or so they find someone that is considered worth prosecuting for war crimes. That's even though the number of survivors is getting pretty low and most of the information has been available for some time.

7. bazalgette

bazalgette New Member

They just need to be a named individual who completely disappeared without a trace. They don't need to be a high ranking Nazi or even a member of the military.

8. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

George Patton nailed it. Your initial post was chock-a-block with "warning flags" we see all too often here. Apple Olligies. So welcome!

I took all that out of my initial comment. K? (Tossing in a few new comments.)

You will find me to be one of the supportive folk here. Sorry for the rough start.
    There is a tremendous collection of experts here on ww2f.com (a USA and Commonwealth Centric Forum)
    - though we lost many of the best during a malware attack a while back. (Here's hoping they return soon.)

Even more so on our sister site ww2talk.com (our British Centric Forum) which has a phenomenal Expert Bank.
    You have Zero replies there. Did you note that?

That will change in a heart beat if you copy your reply here - that this is research for the book you are writing.

FYI: This should have gone into the "Books" Forum - Perhaps our moderators could move this.

Try cc'ing at the European Centric Forum at: http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/

Your list probably just scratches the surface.

It would be interesting if we could compile a list of published investigation reports into people who vanished into thin air "after" the war (here in this thread.)

9. bazalgette

bazalgette New Member

No worries Fred, apology accepted. I shall edit mine too.

I already have a few replies on ww2talk :), they gave me some great links.

I would love that! I have spent many hours trawling through wikipedia entries, message boards and documentaries trying to find named individuals, but the short list above is the sum total of my research.

10. lwd

lwd Ace

Wouldn't the Simon Eiesenthal Center be a good place to start? I would think anything that elevates these names as potential war criminals would be viewd as worthwhile in thier book and having them appear on various forums and a new book would certainly do that.

11. bazalgette

bazalgette New Member

I thought about contacting them, but they do amazing work and probably wouldn't have time for someone like me.

12. lwd

lwd Ace

Especially if you mention that you will be posting links and maybe some of the information on various forums as well as in your book they might as I suggested above view it as good publicity. At this point anyting that keeps people aware is probably viewed as a good thing. Certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. They might even have some background info on some of them that would help you develop the characters.

13. bazalgette

bazalgette New Member

Hmmm, maybe I will!

14. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Good suggestion.

15. green slime

green slime Member

http://www.wiesenthal.com/

Contact Information:
    The International Headquarters are based in Los Angeles, California.
    1399 South Roxbury Drive
    Los Angeles, California 90035
    310 553.9036
    800 900.9036 (toll-free from within the U.S.)
    310 553.4521 (fax)
    information@wiesenthal.com

The very worst they can do is ignore your request. How much worse off will you be?

16. bazalgette

bazalgette New Member

I will :).

17. bazalgette

bazalgette New Member

Ok I sent them an email, I'll let you know what they say!

18. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

One of my favourite shows on H2 (sister channel to the History Channel) was this show that had the notion that Adolf Hitler (the mother of all Nazis) faked his own death and escape to Argentina.

It's called Hunting Hitler.