We Need Your Help - Become a Site Supporter

For 16 years we've been delivering WWII discussion and research, help support our efforts for the next 16 years. Become a WW2 Forums Patron!

Photo
- - - - -

The Czech crisis

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#151 lwd

lwd

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,083 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

As long as there is no military threat it is a waste of time and money to prepare for a military threat that does not exist. Right? (Ok so the USA is somewhere 'out there' with defence expenditure compared to the rest of the world)

When did such a situation exist, at least for any significant length of time?  Not sure exactly what you are implying by the OT reference tot he US defense "expenditure".

#152 albanaich

albanaich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:27 PM

Germany was beaten, and as long as it was not trying to break the peace agreement not threat. So why have a huge military? Once your neighbour starts to go exerciseing down the gym and take lessons in combat sports - its an entirely different thing.

The current US defence expenditure is ludicrous. . . .if you can't see why. Ask me.

#153 LJAd

LJAd

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

Germany was beaten, and as long as it was not trying to break the peace agreement not threat. So why have a huge military? Once your neighbour starts to go exerciseing down the gym and take lessons in combat sports - its an entirely different thing.

The current US defence expenditure is ludicrous. . . .if you can't see why. Ask me.

Why is it ludicrous ?

#154 lwd

lwd

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,083 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

Ah I see.  Lack of temporal effect comprehension.  Your preferred policy is a prescription for defeat.  Such an approach will be playing catch up through significant periods of time and may create windows that actually encourage ones opponents to engage in active confrontations.

As for the latter that's an opinion and one that is by no means universal or even well supportable but it's also off topic in this thread.  If you want to see what others think about it PLS start a thread in the stump.

#155 Belasar

Belasar

Court Jester

• Administrators
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

If we are going to discuss US defense spending please start a new thread in the Free Fire Zone, otherwise lets stay on topic.

Wars are rarely fought in black and white, but in infinite shades of grey

(Poppy is occasionaly correct, or so I hear)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users