We Need Your Help - Become a Site Supporter

For 16 years we've been delivering WWII discussion and research, help support our efforts for the next 16 years. Become a WW2 Forums Patron!

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Hillary Clinton

• Please log in to reply
546 replies to this topic

#1 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:56 AM

It seems Hillary has gained enough delegates to receive the Democratic nomination.

God help us all if she becomes the next resident as I suspect she will.
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#2 Brian Smith

Brian Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationBridlington East Riding Yorkshire England

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

Us Brits have our own problems but a choice between Clinton and Trump seems to put Americans between a rock and a hard place.

#3 Belasar

Belasar

Court Jester

• Administrators
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

Barring a 'November surprise' she will be the Democratic nominee. Neither candidate is terribly awe inspiring but the again both parties got the candidate they wanted by vote.

The Libertarian and Green Parties may get record numbers this year. 

• denny likes this

Wars are rarely fought in black and white, but in infinite shades of grey

(Poppy is occasionaly correct, or so I hear)

#4 Carronade

Carronade

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

I too hate the thought of Hillary's endless quest for power being rewarded, but my Republican party has managed to come up with something worse.  A year ago people were saying there couldn't possibly be a worse candidate than Ted Cruz, but we did it.......

#5 KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts
  • LocationThe Arid Zone

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

The Libertarian and Green Parties may get record numbers this year.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson, Libertarian Party. 

• Otto and ULITHI like this

A Kodiak Bear Mauling (shameless plug): http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#6 Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

For the American conservatives it appears ro be the same old problem, hold your nose and vote for Trump, for the American liberals it's hold your hand over your ass and vote for Clinton.

KTK

All that glitters is not gold and all those who wander are not lost.

#7 KJ Jr

KJ Jr

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

For the American conservatives it appears ro be the same old problem, hold your nose and vote for Trump, for the American liberals it's hold your hand over your ass and vote for Clinton.

KTK

Ha

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

#8 Biak

Biak

Adjutant

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

I'm rather enjoying the whole thing. I've never heard the Republicans be so quiet during an election cycle and the Democrats seem to be walking around shaking their heads saying " I don't know, I just don't know"?

Gone are the days when we had what were called a 'Statesman'. Someone you could really believe in.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Mark Twain

#9 Belasar

Belasar

Court Jester

• Administrators
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

I might enjoy this too if we weren't facing 4 years of flexible ethics or 4 years loony toon's.

#10 gtblackwell

gtblackwell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • LocationAuburn, Alabama, US

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

I hope the Canadians are not secretly building a wall and we are paying for it.

• Belasar, green slime and DerGiLLster like this

#11 Belasar

Belasar

Court Jester

• Administrators
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:51 PM

Mixed bag, we get their exotic dancers, then again we are stuck with Bieber and Dion.

#12 lwd

lwd

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,271 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:00 PM

If a third party candidate could win a couple of states it might be enough to throw it to the House.  Not sure what they'd do (I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have to select either of the 2 major party candidates).

#13 LJAd

LJAd

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

I'm voting for Gary Johnson, Libertarian Party. 

Which means that you are voting for Hillary .

#14 KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts
  • LocationThe Arid Zone

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:04 PM

I've been voting Libertarian in the national elections for much of my life.  At this point I don't really see a difference between the two big parties.  They are both big government parties bought and paid for by special interests.   The dems are more corrupt, but as far as policy goes it hardly matters to me whether the GOP wastes my money here, or the dems waste it there.  They are both digging us deeper into deficit.

• McCabe likes this

#15 Carronade

Carronade

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

If the election goes to the House, each state gets one vote regardless of size.  California with 53 representatives, 39 of them Democrats, gets the same vote as Montana or Alaska with one Republican.  Democrats are largely concentrated in a few large states, so most of the state delegations are majority Republican.  So an election decided by the House is basically decided by Republican Congressmen, assuming they can agree.

They have to choose from persons who received electoral votes.  If several people have received electoral votes, they can only choose from among the top three.

• Belasar likes this

#16 Brian Smith

Brian Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationBridlington East Riding Yorkshire England

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

I hope the Canadians are not secretly building a wall and we are paying for it.

I fear so and now the retreat will be cut off both north and south as Trump's Mexican wall is for keeping Americans in, not Mexicans out.

#17 lwd

lwd

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,271 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:11 PM

Your ability to draw erroneous conclusions from warped logic continues to astound me.

#18 GadgetWorks

GadgetWorks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

Trump is not bought by special interests. That's the problem with all the politicians and the media. They can't control him like all the rest in the past. There haven't been any elected presidents that have come through with their promises from the campaign trail. Neither Bernie or Hillary have been campaigning for ALL Americans. Trump is for the People, not the government. He represents the changing of the guard back to the Citizens. How can that be anything but good? Isn't it mind boggling that Hillary hasn't been charged with anything yet? Will she make it to November?

#19 KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts
  • LocationThe Arid Zone

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:56 PM

The problem is I can't for the life of me make out what Trump stands for.  His policy statements are all over the map and reverse themselves when it suits his mood.  Build a wall?  Really?  Because a wall can't be defeated by....  ....a ladder?  

The real problem with illegal immigration is that congress and the president could end it with the stroke of a pen.  They only need to make it a felony to employ illegals or provide social services and it ends, right then.  The first Burger King manager or free lancing landscaper dragged off to jail will be the last.  Who is going to jail to save a few bucks an hour on labor?  Nobody.  They'll pay scale and raise their prices a few bucks.  At any rate, it is the employers who use these people like indentured slaves that are to blame for the problem.  Make them accountable.  Put them in jail. 

For that seasonal work that really requires foreign labor, expand the guest worker program.  They have an H2A visa just for that.  

And Hillary?  She stands for inaction.  Ignore real problems and focus on idiocy like climate change and transgender bathrooms.  No reason for us to worry our pretty little heads about paying for anything.  When the dollar finally implodes they'll blame the evil corporations. 

• Poppy and Slipdigit like this

#20 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 16,633 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:30 PM

Attached File  13339558_10153579397547256_8897443405565863571_n.jpg   30.3KB   1 downloads

Somewhere, 200 pounds of potatoes are looking for their sack.

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#21 Poppy

Poppy

grasshopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts
  • LocationShambhala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9DwzU3KP0

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

Whoa...beautiful and brave.

XX

#22 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

Hillary is a neoCon in skirt. She's a war mongerer IMO. Victoria Nuland will be her Secretary of State her husband is Robert Kagan (die hard NeoCon). Get ready for endless wars....

Edited by Sloniksp, 08 June 2016 - 06:18 AM.

The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#23 KJ Jr

KJ Jr

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:33 AM

At any rate, it is the employers who use these people like indentured slaves that are to blame for the problem. Make them accountable. Put them in jail.

I agree. Whatever your politics, it's the abuse of capitalism that has enabled immigration to evolve into this negative connotation.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

#24 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:20 AM

13339558_10153579397547256_8897443405565863571_n.jpg

Somewhere, 200 pounds of potatoes are looking for their sack.

Saw a meme on her wearing the exact outfit.... Said something of the likes off "speaks of inequality wearing a $12,495 Armani dress...

Edited by Sloniksp, 08 June 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#25 lwd

lwd

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,271 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

..... Trump is for the People, not the government. He represents the changing of the guard back to the Citizens.

What planet do you live on?

Trump is quite obviously for Trump.  Certainly not for government but not for the people either.  His business interest have repeatedly been designed to take advantage of (possibly to the extent of fraud) of the "People".

How can that be anything but good?

If it had any real accuracy yes it would be good but since it's just another example of what Trump will say to sell himself and his latest scam.....

Isn't it mind boggling that Hillary hasn't been charged with anything yet? Will she make it to November?

Hardly.  To anyone who has looked at all closely to what's happened and how such things are handled it's pretty much business as usual.  Somewhat disappointing but hardly "mind boggling".  Certainly not on the level of having two such disappointing candidates representing our two major parties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users