Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Sloniksp, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

It seems Hillary has gained enough delegates to receive the Democratic nomination.

God help us all if she becomes the next resident as I suspect she will.

2. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England
    Us Brits have our own problems but a choice between Clinton and Trump seems to put Americans between a rock and a hard place.

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Barring a 'November surprise' she will be the Democratic nominee. Neither candidate is terribly awe inspiring but the again both parties got the candidate they wanted by vote.

The Libertarian and Green Parties may get record numbers this year.

denny likes this.
  4. Carronade

Carronade Ace

I too hate the thought of Hillary's endless quest for power being rewarded, but my Republican party has managed to come up with something worse. A year ago people were saying there couldn't possibly be a worse candidate than Ted Cruz, but we did it.......

5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I'm voting for Gary Johnson, Libertarian Party.

ULITHI and Otto like this.
  6. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

For the American conservatives it appears ro be the same old problem, hold your nose and vote for Trump, for the American liberals it's hold your hand over your ass and vote for Clinton.

KTK

7. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Ha

8. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I'm rather enjoying the whole thing. I've never heard the Republicans be so quiet during an election cycle and the Democrats seem to be walking around shaking their heads saying " I don't know, I just don't know"?

Gone are the days when we had what were called a 'Statesman'. Someone you could really believe in.

9. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I might enjoy this too if we weren't facing 4 years of flexible ethics or 4 years loony toon's.

10. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

I hope the Canadians are not secretly building a wall and we are paying for it.

green slime, DerGiLLster and belasar like this.
  11. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Mixed bag, we get their exotic dancers, then again we are stuck with Bieber and Dion.

12. lwd

lwd Ace

If a third party candidate could win a couple of states it might be enough to throw it to the House. Not sure what they'd do (I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have to select either of the 2 major party candidates).

13. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

Which means that you are voting for Hillary .

14. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I've been voting Libertarian in the national elections for much of my life. At this point I don't really see a difference between the two big parties. They are both big government parties bought and paid for by special interests. The dems are more corrupt, but as far as policy goes it hardly matters to me whether the GOP wastes my money here, or the dems waste it there. They are both digging us deeper into deficit.

McCabe likes this.
  15. Carronade

Carronade Ace

If the election goes to the House, each state gets one vote regardless of size. California with 53 representatives, 39 of them Democrats, gets the same vote as Montana or Alaska with one Republican. Democrats are largely concentrated in a few large states, so most of the state delegations are majority Republican. So an election decided by the House is basically decided by Republican Congressmen, assuming they can agree.

They have to choose from persons who received electoral votes. If several people have received electoral votes, they can only choose from among the top three.

belasar likes this.
  16. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England
    I fear so and now the retreat will be cut off both north and south as Trump's Mexican wall is for keeping Americans in, not Mexicans out.

17. lwd

lwd Ace

Your ability to draw erroneous conclusions from warped logic continues to astound me.

18. GadgetWorks

GadgetWorks Member

Trump is not bought by special interests. That's the problem with all the politicians and the media. They can't control him like all the rest in the past. There haven't been any elected presidents that have come through with their promises from the campaign trail. Neither Bernie or Hillary have been campaigning for ALL Americans. Trump is for the People, not the government. He represents the changing of the guard back to the Citizens. How can that be anything but good? Isn't it mind boggling that Hillary hasn't been charged with anything yet? Will she make it to November?

19. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

The problem is I can't for the life of me make out what Trump stands for. His policy statements are all over the map and reverse themselves when it suits his mood. Build a wall? Really? Because a wall can't be defeated by.... ....a ladder?

The real problem with illegal immigration is that congress and the president could end it with the stroke of a pen. They only need to make it a felony to employ illegals or provide social services and it ends, right then. The first Burger King manager or free lancing landscaper dragged off to jail will be the last. Who is going to jail to save a few bucks an hour on labor? Nobody. They'll pay scale and raise their prices a few bucks. At any rate, it is the employers who use these people like indentured slaves that are to blame for the problem. Make them accountable. Put them in jail.

For that seasonal work that really requires foreign labor, expand the guest worker program. They have an H2A visa just for that.

And Hillary? She stands for inaction. Ignore real problems and focus on idiocy like climate change and transgender bathrooms. No reason for us to worry our pretty little heads about paying for anything. When the dollar finally implodes they'll blame the evil corporations.

Poppy and Slipdigit like this.
  20. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Attached Files: