Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Lebanon during WW2

Discussion in 'North Africa and the Mediterranean' started by Allied-vs-Axis, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Allied-vs-Axis

Allied-vs-Axis New Member

Can you guys please tell what ever you can about Lebanon during the second world war. I did try to find my information on that place but a lot of the facts I got seemed a bit unorganized and left me confused. Was Lebanon allied or apart of the axis? Who were their allies? Where their enemies? What battles did they fight in? What was the gear they wore? What was their standard rifles?

2. Owen

Owen O

see my answer on your other thread.
    http://www.ww2f.com/topic/58413-what-gear-did-the-lebanese-in-the-middle-east-wear/

3. lwd

lwd Ace

4. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

I know the Vichy French fought when the British and Australians invaded from Palestine. The Wiki post is pretty good.

5. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

...it was a ''mess'' and boiling pot --like a lot of other countries/areas were ....the USMC went there in 1958 and again in 1982....like the Balkans, a mix-mash of groups/infighting etc ....
    ..if you ever read about Lebanon in the 70s/80s, you'll know what I mean = mess....this group that group...fighting within the groups/etc

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020