Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

new Panzers in Normandie series from Maranes Editions (Stephan Cazenave)

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by FalkeEins, Jul 1, 2016.

1. FalkeEins

FalkeEins Member

currently in preparation, more info from Marie at maranes.editions@gmail.com

[​IMG]

von Poop likes this.
  2. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Any chance of an English translation ever?
    I always love the look of this French theme in shiny books, but haven't cracked yet as I'm never quite happy with my lack of language skill meaning they're essentially picture books.
    Brilliant picture books, but quite pricey.

3. FalkeEins

FalkeEins Member

tbh I doubt it - depends on sales I guess, in fact further French-language editions are likely to depend on sales too. Re cost; this is one is around 48Euros. The HJ title (410 pages) was very pricey but well worth getting. I love the reproduction of period newspaper reports and similar in these books...and anything with Cazenave's name on it is a guarantee of quality and serious work..

von Poop likes this.
  4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Sounds tempting indeed. Thanks for posting. Since militaria magazine ceased to exist I missed quite some information about new book issues

5. FalkeEins

FalkeEins Member

Latest tome from Stephan Cazenave at Maranes Editions, the Pz.Rgt 2 'Das Reich' book - 160 sumptuous pages - has arrived! The author writes on the jacket back cover that whereas only some 10 photos through summer 1944 of the Pz.Rgt 2 DR were known hitherto, this new volume features 300 photos and documents. I read somewhere that just producing the jacket alone costs the publisher 20 euros per book so they are not cheap. To order or for more information email Marie at maranes.editions@gmail.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Martin Bull likes this.
  6. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Oooh...another nice French book ! I really have to salute the French independent publishers for allowing some very diligent researchers to do their work ( I say this as I'm struggling through Didier Lodieu's '45 Tigers In Normandy'... )

FalkeEins likes this.