Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Uniform identification help needed

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by ariedl, Jul 24, 2016.

1. ariedl

ariedl New Member

Hi everyone! I'm just getting started to research my wife's grandfather's involvement in WWII, and was hoping to get some help, as I'm completely new to this. I have found his enlistment record, but I'm not sure what other information I can obtain online, so I turned to a few pictures we have of him in uniform to see if I could learn anything. I apologize for their size; the originals were all very small, and I scanned them years ago, before I knew I might need/want to be able to zoom in on the details. If I can find the originals, I will re-scan them.

Here's what I know about my grandfather-in-law:
    Name: Charlie S. Johnson
    Army Serial Number: 14092806
    Enlistment Date: March 23, 1942

Family history says that he served in the Pacific throughout the war. From the pictures, his rank appears to Sergeant First Class, and his insignia *might* be that of the 24th Infantry or "Hawaiian" Division. Confirmation or correction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

View attachment 24628 View attachment 24629 View attachment 24630 View attachment 24631

Attached Files:

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

3. ariedl

ariedl New Member