Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Pentagon paid over $500 million to make fake terrorist videos

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Sloniksp, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

2. YugoslavPartisan

YugoslavPartisan Drug

Wouldn't surprise me really.

3. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I don't have a problem with this concept, though the cost is a bit much.

4. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I tend to agree with KB, the concept of using something to gain intell is ok in my book, the cost though seems rather high considering you can make movies on your laptop these days.

5. Takao

Takao Ace

Although, the vast majority of laptop videos look to be exactly that, laptop videos. These would have to be very believable, and I would hazard a guess, that part of the price was to buy the production company's silence. Given that this took place over several years, we have no idea how many videos were produced. And we have not even gotten into the tracking & tracing software.

It would also be nice to know the success rate they had with these before we start haggling over price.

6. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Would they really need to be all that great in production value? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to strap on a bomb vest and to be honest fanatic's tend to crawl out of the shallow end of the gene pool. Now volume or length of time producing are valid points, but specialized tracking coding would I think not be farmed out to a production company, but created in house. Though I could be wrong on that.

7. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

I'm not surprised to see rather machiavellian views of our American colleagues.
    Propaganda works like a poison. Administering poison every day results in immunity. Propaganda makes people not only immune to wrongdoings of own government - support to state terror turns into a patriotic duty. Quite miserable if I may comment late responses.

8. Takao

Takao Ace

My misunderstanding, I thought that 500+ mil was the program cost.

9. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I don't think you're grasping what was done here. They provide the fake Jihad sites and then track the users. That's considerably easier and more efficient than trying to hack actual Jihadi sites and do the same, though I'm sure we do both as best we can. This technique just makes it easier, though as usual the media whores have now backed the Islamic terrorists and exposed the program.

In any case, I'd rather governments track actual Jihadis than this blanket coverage of everyone.

10. Takao

Takao Ace

Radio Free Europe - A daily dose of American propaganda since 1949.

I'm sorry...Your point was?

11. Tamino

I am sorry for my ignorance - that wasn't deliberate. I have thought that $500M was spend on real Jihadists. Anyways, how do we know they were fake?

12. Takao

Takao Ace

Watch a few to find out. When the CIA guys come knocking at your door, ask them. The tell us if they were fake or real.

13. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

The websites were fake because they were created by us, at a cost of 500 million. The people drawn to them were tracked by software in the sites, their connections, texts, emails were then tracked, and those contacted by them tracked in the same way with all those cells and connections analyzed and hopefully, targeted for action. That's how you infiltrate such people in cyberspace.

Again, I think NSA tracking of everyone (as they do) is unconstitutional, evil, stupid, and a waste of time and money. Targeting of ACTUAL Jihadis (as this program did) is just fine by me. I hope the journalists who exposed this step in front of an IED.

rkline56, McCabe, Otto and 2 others like this.
  14. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Maybe it's a double bluff to make people think twice about watching jihadi vids...

Faintly surprised Bell Pottinger can be hired so cheaply.

15. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

And you can't just make one of these on a laptop, the Jihadi's can, but they're Jihadi's. Everything has to be correct down to the last detail, dress, verbiage, the set, etc. Get one seemingly small thing wrong and it will be detected, and it won't work. Go over to IMB and see the small details that are wrong or missed in major Hollywood films and you'll see that people notice things, even if they're swimming in the shallow end (of the gene pool).

16. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

The costs was my first thought. Good god that's a lot of money!

How many Hollywood movies can be made with such a budget?!! :D

17. denny

denny Member

More usa Nazism.
    Creating false blame and more "terrorism".
    The FBI does the same thing on home soil. They cultivate "terrorists" that have never done more than complain about "too much" government, and worry about guns being confiscated.
    The real story is always deeper and more sinister...this narrative never changes.
    Its The Watergate syndrome all over again. While people are fixated by the two elite powers doing battle for control of The Whitehouse, the real story and crimes go unreported.
    The Pentagon is the biggest purveyor of terrorism in the world today. Their War On Terror has been very successful...there is more than ever and we are more risk now than ever before, thanks to the ilk of the CIA, NSA, FBI.
    The usa does not have allies, they have subordinates all over the world, counting the days 'till our day under the sun ends.

18. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I was with you 100% right up until "More usa Nazism."

TD-Tommy776 and A-58 like this.
  19. Tamino

Thanks again KB. All other countries should invest in hunting Jihadist bastards, not just USA.

20. Tamino

Hold on.

There is yet another $500 M Pentagon spend to equip the real Jihadists with real weappons and then "lost track". Now we have $1 BN altogether.

Could they send $500M on my bank account and then lose track on that bank transfer. I would wish very much this happens soon - arround Christmass.

Please Penta Claus, please, just $1/2 BN for me - I ain't no Jihadist, just an ordinary guy who wants to have fun spending the US tax-payers money. :cool:

And I promise, I will spend all these millions on better things: pretty women, sport cars, expensive trips, luxurious life...

Are these "toys" below fakeor real?

[​IMG]