Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Next Joss Whedon movie is a World War II horror film

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by OpanaPointer, Oct 22, 2016.

1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Next Joss Whedon movie is a World War II horror film
    Currently working hard to promote the Save the Day voting initiative, filmmaker/nerd god Joss Whedon (Serenity, The Avengers) wants to remind fans that he is still doing the thing audiences love him most for: Writing. He teased a new project that was “a departure” back in April at the Tribeca Film Festival, but had remained mum about that project… until now, as he revealed to Complex that he’s working on a World War II horror movie.

“I’m in the middle of a screenplay that I am extremely passionate about, and I am going to be extremely passionate about it again on November 9,” said Whedon. “It’s definitely a departure from the things that I’m known for. It’s as dark as anything I’ve ever written. I just said, ‘OK, id, your turn.’ I would write scenes and be like, ‘Oh this is great! I shouldn’t be allowed near people.’ It’s a historical fiction/horror movie about a time when the world was going insane, World War II. I got to tell you, I was in Germany and Poland doing research for this movie and I was seeing so many parallels [to the U.S.]. And I know it’s a shopworn thing to compare the orange guy to the little guy with the mustache, but you see things, indelible things in terms of propaganda, the state of the country, and the parallels are eerie as f*ck.”

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/news/778657-next-joss-whedon-movie-is-a-world-war-ii-horror-film#zyDtYADDdGBiyvMt.99

2. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I have liked much of his work over the years, hoping for the best.

3. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

"This is what I do, darlin'." (Look of dismay crosses his face.) "This is what I do."