Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

1945 Glengarry info?

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Spook1940, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Spook1940

Spook1940 New Member

Hey folks,

Recently picked this up, trying to find out about it. Has a red toorie, dark blue crown, black bow etc. Stamped on the liner Kangol Limited - crows foot - 1945'. I've doubt in my head that it is a military piece however simply due to the Black bow on square. If anyone has any info on the associated regiment/whether this is authentic or not i'd be much obliged.

Cheers.

2. Spook1940

Spook1940 New Member

Pics 1

Attached Files:

3. Spook1940

Spook1940 New Member

Pics -2

Attached Files:

4. sonofacameron

sonofacameron Member

Kangol are still about today, making various types of headgear. They started making Berets etc. in 1935/36. The Glengarry is possibly that of Argyll and Sutherland highlanders. A patch of their tartan would be mounted behind their regimental badge and mounted where the the black bow is.

5. Spook1940

Spook1940 New Member

Thanks for the reply. It indeed cane with an A&S badge however this was not the original one. I believe A&S had no black in the diced band. I'm leaning towards QO Camerons as it seems to match this the closest in the reference books I have.

6. Owen

Owen O

Liverpool Scottish wore that style of Glengarry too not surprising as they're affilated to the Camerons

7. sonofacameron

sonofacameron Member

Camerons wore a plain one, but as Owen says, Liverpool Scottish (Queens Own Cameron Highlanders) wore that style.

8. Spook1940

Spook1940 New Member

Just checked LS out, agree with you on that one. The style of the bow and background is still a little disconcerting. The style of the bow and background i've only come across one on a civilian glengarry.