Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Sharia

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by wm., Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

I think a few people mentioned Sharia law recently.

Well, this is Sharia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07K9H21cTtA

2. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

And the stupid Millennials in the U.S. are marching to LET them come in. :insane:

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Looking at all those camera's held by men my question is can't they get all the S&M videos they want from the internet?

4. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

To be fair, she probably did something really awful like look a man directly in the eye, or flash an ankle getting out of the car. She was asking for it...

5. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Anyone know what that beekeeper did to warrant such a thrashing?

6. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Looking generally it must be fairly minor since they list floggings in the scores and she only received five I saw, but I imagine there is some leeway in the severity of punishment.

7. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

it's not known. The man who uploaded that video to Twitter didn't provide this information.

More:
    Republic of Indonesia, Aceh Darussalam, standing too close to her boyfriend, 23 lashes.

[​IMG]

8. Takao

Takao Ace

Hmm...Can we send them some Christians?
    [​IMG]

9. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Those aren't Christians, they're lawyers. Their whole shtick is to provoke a violent reaction from an individual or some sort of official response from a town or county, then they go to court and clean up.

10. m kenny

m kenny Member

Call that a thrashing? Our Public dish that out x10 every day on kids as young as 7. I believe it is highly popular (sometimes self-inflicted)in the Catholic Church as well. Their Nuns certainly like giving thrashings in Ireland

Psychotic nuns ran children's home like Nazi concentration camp, abuse inquiry is told

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/psychotic-nuns-ran-childrens-home-like-nazi-concentration-camp-abuse-inquiry-is-told-29959634.html

Another example of Baby-Trafficking and the secret burial of children who were allowed to die of neglect:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2651484/I-thought-Id-seen-Philomena-And-I-nuns-secret-grave-800-babies-By-Martin-Sixsmith-exposed-Sisters-sold-children-fallen-girls.html

By collating the data, Catherine calculated that nearly 800 babies were buried beneath the housing estate. 'I was utterly amazed when I realised that I had the names of 796 babies. The causes of death were measles or septicaemia, abscesses, convulsions, tuberculosis or pneumonia; lots were aged three to six months, and then quite a lot of one and two-year-olds. It's heart-breaking reading through all the names.'

Might be wise to reflect that Jews, Christians and Muslims are all are branches of the same tree.

11. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

In 2017, a discussion panel of contributors to the English-language version of the Wikipedia website concluded that [The Daily Mail] could not generally be used as a reliable source due to its "reputation for poor fact checking, sensationalism, and flat-out fabrication."

Following the revelations, there were calls locally and internationally for an investigation of the Tuam site and an inquiry into all such 'mother and baby homes'. The Gardaí had initially released a statement saying “These are historical burials going back to famine times. There is no suggestion of any impropriety and there is no garda investigation. Also, there is no confirmation from any source that there are between 750 and 800 bodies present."

12. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Those "God hates fag enablers" women are fringe extremists, Sharia is mainstream.

13. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

14. m kenny

m kenny Member

So how about another paper?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2014/06/09/the-truth-behind-irelands-dead-babies-scandal-five-questions/?utm_term=.295e791b7f6d

So it’s all a big misunderstanding?
    Not so fast. No one is challenging Corless’s archival research, which appears to show that nearly 800 babies and children died at the home over a period of 40 years, without burial records. Locals believe that they are buried in an unofficial graveyard at the back of the building, where they have built a small grotto and placed flowers. One expert on health and mortality in Ireland believes that the death rates are much higher than they ought to have been and deserve further investigation. Contemporary debates in Ireland’s parliament reveal that children born out of wedlock in Ireland in the 1920s had a mortality rate five times higher than normal, in part because of semi-deliberate neglect. In some years in some institutions, the mortality rate for such children seems to have been above 50 percent.

Note that what is being disputed is where the bodies are buried. Not that children were neglected, buried without record and died at a rate 5 times the norm.

By the way I am not saying any religion is better than another. They are all as bad as each other. Religious intolerance is ingrained in every true believer.

15. Otto

You are probably right, Im sure it didn't hurt al all. That's why she was carried away limp, she must have fallen alseep.

If you want to search for cases of badness done in the name of religion, we'll be here for weeks. The big difference between the examples you gave and the woman getting caned is important. The abuse of these children was illegal (and not exaclty current if you care). What happened in the video was fully legal under sharia, which was the point of this thread.

16. m kenny

m kenny Member

I am pretty sure if you held a vote in the UK to bring back the Birch (that is what it was called in the UK) it would gain substantial support if not become law-again.
    My first school was run by Nuns and was OK. My second by priests and was brutal. I need no newspaper stories to understand how Catholics viewed both corporal punishment and child abuse. I know my Mother had an horrific experience with a Priest when she was growing up in Ireland so I think know what I am talking about. Pox on all of them.

when

17. toki2

toki2 Active Member

m.Kenny 'Pox on all of them' is how exactly how I feel. Those who dominate and demean people through religious beliefs are cowards and bullies. They interpret their 'Holy Book' for their own ends.

18. Otto

I never injected religion into my comments. You did and it's a false equivalence here. Somehow the response to "Sharia law sucks" turned into "Catholics neglecting babies in the 1930's". Those places weren't legal systems under which people live and want enforced on others.

Wherever it comes from Sharia is a legal system that is abusive, enforces arbitrary morality, and treats women as less valuable than men. It's a garbage legal system that I'm happy I don't have it imposed upon me. Despite their faults the US legal system (when I now live), or the Canadian one (where I was born) are a sight better than Sharia. We can discuss the Crusades(TM) now if you like to bring up more badness, but my point is that I'll oppose the imposition of Sharia law today and forever.

A-58 likes this.
  19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

hear here..

20. m kenny

m kenny Member

Judiasm/Chritianity/ Islam all worship the same God. That is a fact. Any 1 of the 3 regard the other 2 as heretics and worshipers of a false God. Orthodox Jews have the same view of women as Moslems but no one dares to openly deride them the way the way they would Muslims. In fact I bet if I reworded the opening posts and substituted 'Jewish' for 'Muslim' I would be banned from the forum.
    The point is that religion is the problem. The people who passionately believe in their God and who live their lives according to how they believe their god told them. Militant Muslims are no different from Militant Christians and both would cut your throat if they thought god willed it. Look at the people who murder Abortion Doctors in the USA .
    I want all aspects of all religion removed from daily life. The fact I am used to Church Bells on a Sunday and jokes about Vicars and Altar boys does not lessen the harm religions does in places like Northern Ireland. There are vicious wars going on in central Africa between Christians and Moslems where both side commit terrible atrocities. In the Western press though it is always portrayed as savage Moslems trying to take over that country when it is just 2 equally savage religions fighting for power. In short stop picking on the other guys religion and try and see yourself as non-Christians see you. Try being Gay in Christian Uganda and see how that works out.

YugoslavPartisan and Takao like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.