Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Looking for informations about a place in Austria

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Floro, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Floro

Floro New Member

Hello everyone!

I am searching informations on a specific place: Wikipedia Link

The place is a little village and at the same time a district of the Austrian capital Vienna, it is located in the north-east of the city.

I am looking for all kinds of materials, be it in text form or pictures, it doesn’t matter. Where do you believe I could find what I’m looking for? Film material of planes flying over Vienna could include short sequences where this place is flown over. Not far from this village I know there was a small airport for Nazi airplanes, and also several FLAK-installations (still there partially). Some american planes have been shot down in this area (I have some parts).

What I’m really after would be pictures, but also stories, or anything else involving this place.

If someone knows where I could search or look what I'm after, maybe in some archives or something, then I would appreciate it if someone would link me to that place. :)

Thank you!

2. Sheldrake

Sheldrake Member

You have indicated Suessenbrun - which is the historic Marchfeld - a military exercise area and the site of two major Napoleonic battles Aspern Esseling and Wagram! I am more familiar with the troop dispositions and terrain of 1809 than of WW2.

Do you mean this specific village or the area?

3. Floro

Floro New Member

That's the place I am talking about! Informations about the 1809 battle are interesting too of course. I am interested more in things concerning this specific village, or closely surrounding it, due to lack of informations anywhere else about it. Old pictures are of course especially interesting. Thank you!