• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DUCE

DUCE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 04:38 PM

Starring Albert Finney. Focuses Prior to WW2, Winston Churchill warns of the growing Nazi threat and faces down personal demons.

I thought it wasn't bad, any one else seen it? Thoughts?

DUCE
"Tolerance has never brought civil war; intolerance has covered the earth with carnage" Voltaire
"War is the fruit of man's depravity; it is a convulsive and violent sickness of the body politic.." Diderot

#2 Greenjacket

Greenjacket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:55 PM

Albert Finney is superb and the production is excellent, but it takes a few liberties with British political history.

#3 Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:05 AM

Originally posted by Greenjacket:
Albert Finney is superb and the production is excellent, but it takes a few liberties with British political history.

What liberties are these?

[sigpic][/sigpic]

[FONT="]With broken heart and bowed in sadness, but not in shame, I report to your Excellency that today I must arrange terms for the surrender of the fortified islands of Manila Bay… With profound regret and the continued pride in my gallant troops I go to meet the Japanese commander. Good-Bye, Mr. President.[/FONT] - Gen. Wainwright, May 5, 1942

#4 Friedrich

Friedrich

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,547 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:58 PM

The film is supperb! And Albert Finney is excellent. There has been no other person so alike in looks like Churchill… :eek:

Just don't like that they never include Churchill in WWII… graemlins/no.gif
"War is less costly than servitude, the choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd, French veteran of both world wars

"A mon fils: depuis que tes yeux sont fermes les miens n’ont cessé de pleurir." - Mère française, Verdun

#5 Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:09 AM

I guess its fruitless for me to hope for HBO to make a sequel

Perhaps following Churchill's series on WW2 and title the sequel "Their Finest Hour'

Cvm

[sigpic][/sigpic]

[FONT="]With broken heart and bowed in sadness, but not in shame, I report to your Excellency that today I must arrange terms for the surrender of the fortified islands of Manila Bay… With profound regret and the continued pride in my gallant troops I go to meet the Japanese commander. Good-Bye, Mr. President.[/FONT] - Gen. Wainwright, May 5, 1942

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users