Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Rocket-firing Typhoon

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Martin Bull, May 21, 2005.

1. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Just added the 1/72 die-cast rocket-firing Typhoon to my collection, made by IXO of Spain.

[​IMG]

A beautiful little beast. Makes you realise again that no matter how hard historians ( and forums ! ;) ) argue about how effective it really was, and that P-51s, P-47s and Spits did more damage - the pugnacious look of the Typhoon will mean that it'll always be the very image of Allied tactical air dominance in NW Europe.

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Well, I just finished the self-published Not So Bloody Quiet On The Western front by Dennis Hooper, who was with the 2nd Monmouthshire and he mentions the "typhees" who took out strongpoints and tanks for them. He seems really happy with them.

Also just got Tiger Moths to Typhoons by F/L Peter Watson in recently. Still have to read that one.

Again a subject which deserves far more attention than it has gotten from me in recent years....

Is this a pic of your finished model, or how it looks on the box???

3. Martin Bull

I didn't take the pic, but that is exactly how it looks as it comes out of the box. Not bad for £12 ! [​IMG]

4. Stevin

Stevin Ace

OK, so you don't have to paint it yourself.... That's were it always went wrong with me. :(

5. Martin Bull

That's why I collect die-casts ; I just don't have the skill, patience or facilities to do as good a job myself. ( The models 'feel' better in metal as well... )

6. Martin Bull

Corgi have today released a 1/72 die-cast model of a 'Normandy' rocket-firing Typhoon which took part in the famous 'Dinner Raid' of 10th June, 1944.

[​IMG]

If you feel like buying one, don't delay too long. It's limited to 1500 and they are apparently selling fast......;)

7. uksubs

uksubs Member

The Corgi Typhoon look very nice Martin ,great job ;)