Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German SA and Polezei questions

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Gerald Duval Compositeur, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Gerald Duval Compositeur

Gerald Duval Compositeur Member

I own several SA and NSDAP party armbands, an SA belt buckle and a very small Polezei helmet with the original liner intact. there is no rust on any of the pieces and I cleaned them up so they look new (just cleaned, no painting or alteration) My question is how much is this stuff worth, is it rare or common and is there any way that I can find out more info on where they were made ands such? BTW, I found these in an abandoned house, ontop of an old refrigerator. there were prolly more stuff inside but the house was torn down before I could go back :(

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

If you can post pictures it would help in figuring out what the stuff is worth.

A Polizei helmet--if you mean Police and not SS-Polizei--and depending on whether it is an M-35 M-40 or M-42 made helmet--the size and whether it has two--one or no decals--makes the prices change. Polizei (police) helmets you can get for about $200.00--not the kind that looks like the military helmets but the other kind they put out.

The NSDAP armbands start at about $50.00 each--depending on condition and depending on what rank of armband it might be. A standadr armband all red--white circle with black mobile Swaz--will go for about $50.00--give or take a few $$$

I dont collect buckles but, an SA buckle I think sells for about $100.00 but probably more these days.

These are just my opinions and what I compare with prices from my favorite militaria dealers. Hope it helps give you a better idea on what they are worth.

Also--if you are thinking of selling--beware who you deal with--dealers will pay next to nothing for them as well as many collectors. So if thinking of selling--dont be in a hurry to do so or you WILL get shafted by the person your dealing with.

If your a collector--keep them--they can only go up in value. They are full of history and nice to look at. I used to have a NSDAP and a Hitler Youth Leaders armband--but I stupidly traded them for what I now consider--junk.

3. Gerald Duval Compositeur

sorry about that, here are some pics of the kind i have (not the exact one though i have no digital camera)

SA Belt-Buckle
    [​IMG]

the arm band
    [​IMG]
    one of them seems to be like linen or something and the other seems to be made of a felt-esque stuff.

and lastly the helmet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

points of note: mt belt buckle shows only storage wear and is very shiny and relatively new looking. my helmet also shows only storage wear, there are no dings or chipped paint and the double decales are slightly faded but otherwise bright and un tarnished.

4. volkbert

volkbert Member

These type of SA buckles go for €70-€80. Even Kai Winkler sells them for these prices and he is one of the more expensive dealers imo.

This type of armband go also for about €80 at the dealers mentioned. But I saw one for sale for €65 at some other website.

5. Gerald Duval Compositeur

thanks for the help guys, I am definately not intending to sell them, they are the pride of my small but growing collection. I was just wondering what they were worth.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Rats--all I see are boxes with the dreaded "X" in them indicating no pictures--can you please repost them?

And glad that you are collecting too--we need more collectors here.