Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Medal Bars

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Bob Wirtz, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Bob Wirtz

Bob Wirtz Member

2. Platton

Platton Member

Very Nice...where did you get these one. I know that there are some on gunbroker.com but maybe you have another or better trading place!!

Thank you

3. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

At last there's one I recognize - the 'Frozen Meat' medal in the centre of the bottom three. The '36 Olympics one is also most interesting....

4. Bob Wirtz

Bob Wirtz Member

The top medal bar I've had for so long I don't remember who I got that from. It has the EK2 (1914), City of Hamburg Medal, the Honor Cross with Swords (combatant) - 1914-1918, and the 8-Year SS Service Medal (P&L Manufactured). I have also pictured this on the other thread with all of the SS Long Service Medals. On that thread you can see the back and the tailor's label from Charlottenburg in Berlin.

The middle medal bar and matching ribbon bar I believe I got from George Petersen many years ago. It has the EK2 (1914), the Honor Cross with Swords (combatant) - 1914-1918, 25-Year Police Service Medal and the 1936 Olympics Medal 3rd Class.

The last one I believe I also got from Petersen but more recent. It has the War Merit Cross with Swords 2nd Class, the Russian Front Service Medal - Winter 1941/42, and the West Wall Medal.

I've been putting up materials to initiate some interest and conversation...

Bob

5. Fortune

Fortune Member

those are very cool, i hope you can share more with us

6. Bob Wirtz

Bob Wirtz Member

These are all of the medal bars that I have. I do have an 8-Year Police Service Medal but that's about it in the medal department. Of course there is the Knight's Cross and German Cross in Gold, which are on their separate threads. I do have lots of other badges, which I can start to put on if you want to see those. Maybe I'll start a thread with "Show us your Infantry Assault Badges (Silver and Bronze)" and let everybody contribute and show off theirs and we can see how many different manufacturers we come up with.

Bob