Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Veterans History Project

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by David Barton (DB) Mathis, Jun 30, 2003.

1. David Barton (DB) Mathis

David Barton (DB) Mathis Member

2. No.9

No.9 Ace

This project has been on the go for some time, a very good idea. I think it last came up in this forum when we had a Texas Univ student (Daisy?) ask about veterans. Apparently her lecturer had given them an assignment based on a few questions cherry-picked from this National project?

Has anyone received the report booklets she promised?

No.9

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Nope....and I am also still awaiting Crazy's 8th USAAF book! :rolleyes: ;)

4. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

GEEZ! The 8th books had totally slipped my mind.
    Stevin- PM me your address.
    Have to make sure I have Erichs, too...

Besides that, I actually have two more copies (4 total)... so if anyone else wants a copy, let me know...

(Apologies for forgetting about this! Slipped my mind while work was crazy, and it just never slipped back in!!)

5. Stevin

Stevin Ace

No pun intended here, Crazy....Slipped my mind too but No.9's post made my subconsious actually work for a change...

I appreciate very much you wanting to part with one! I have recently been discussing the very topic of teaching WW2 in High school with my brother in law, who does exactly that, teaching History in California.

please DO sign it so I can add another post to the "Inscribed Books" Thread! :D

6. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Er - is this the book that lists every Tiger ever built....? ;) [​IMG]

7. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

:D :D

Martin, that's a different volume. Just send me a check or money order for $199.99 to cover shipping, and I'll send it right over!
    :D

(Troublemaker!)

Stevin- teaching WW2 in High School, eh? Has your brother-in-law mentioned anything about "No Teacher Left Employed'?
    Ooops... I mean "No Child Left Behind"?...

By the way, we (I) do have a couple extra copies of the Prentice Hall 8th Air Force book. If anyone wants one, let me know...

And I'll actually mail out the books!!! :eek: :eek:

If I slack off AGAIN on mailing these, I'll change my nickname to "LazyD"! :rolleyes:

8. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Rattle, rattle, rattle....!

( Sound of piggybank being raided.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ) :D

9. No.9

No.9 Ace

Ah Stevin, there you are! I’ve been waiting for you to stop clog-dancing long enough to put in an appearance. [​IMG]

This is a general post for everyone, however the subject, a book, is written in Dutch. :eek:

During the recent Commando trip I was speaking with Pat Churchill, ex 4 SS Brigade and yes a distant relation of Winston. He was saying how tired he is of people always asking about Normandy while ignoring the many other major Commando operations. His particular passion is for the raid on Walcheren in November ’44.

He mentioned a book he’d contributed towards and later that day produced a copy the author presented him with. I would describe it as a photo account with accompanying text. It’s A4 size and 96 page thick plus covers and of good quality paper. As said, written in Dutch but available with a small pamphlet offering English versions of the photo captions only.

The details are:
    Walcheren bevrijd – november 1944 by J.N. Houterman (1994)
    (een fotografisch overzicht van de operaties ter bevrijding van Walcheren in november 1944)

J.N. Houterman
    Herengracht 44
    4331 PX
    Middelburg
    Netherlands

Tel: +31 (0) 1180 25849

ISBN: 90-73921-03-1

No.9