Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Operation Flashpoint Invasion 1944

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by Stefan, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Fantastic add on for a fantastic game, has anyone played this? You can get it from www.invasion1944.com

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Yes, I have the normal and the Gold edition. Only played the cold war version against the Russians though. had no idea they had a WW2 add on!! :eek:

Gonna try, gonna try!

Thanks for that one, Stefan! [​IMG]

3. Schmidt

Schmidt Member

It would appear that you need Resistence to play 1944 one, theres also a Falklands one, also need Resistence.

*needs to buy Resistence*

4. Cpl. Upham

Cpl. Upham recruit

Hey all!
    This is my 1st post on this site! I just re-installed OFP/I44 after about a year & Im impressed all over again! I gave Theatre of War a whirl during that time, its much newer so the grafix are cool but it is quite limited in scope; it tends to become redundant! Even using the map & mission editors leaves Theatre of War lacking! They are very cryptic & not user friendly!
    With OFP/I44 I can build just about any mission I can think of in my head! The grafix are old now but with all the great add ons provided by the fan based community, the game has depth! To me the only other 1st person shooter that is better is Red Orchestra! However I cant get my version of that to operate on my current computer.
    Im really not a fan of the pre-designed missions & campaigns in most games, I just love to recreate the sceanrios I read about from WW2 history! Sometimes I create my own however! I try to design them where they are hard enough that I can rarely win!

5. Toxic

Toxic Member

With all those exclamation marks it seems your either advertising something or yelling at us :p

That's my 2 cents!

6. Cpl. Upham

Cpl. Upham recruit

Sorry, just a habit! No offense intended!!!

7. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

That link is dead, especially for a post that's 6 years in the books....