Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Call of Duty

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by jpatterson, Jul 19, 2004.

1. jpatterson

jpatterson Member

A frien told me today that this PC game is coming out on Playstation in the fall. Should I be excited about this?

Later

2. Maverik

Maverik Member

I have not played the game myself but all the IT guys in work gave it the thumbs up, We have all played, Medal of Honour, MOH Rising sun, and the fantastic(best in my opinion) Return to castle wolfstein!!!!

All the IT guys rate Call of Duty above these excellent games. Its on my Christmas list!

3. drache

drache Member

Is it coming to X-box too?

4. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Indeed it is drache! I've played Call of Duty on the PC for a while, and it is very good, especially in the online multiplayer mode. I'm also an XBox owner, and i'm hoping the XBox version is just as good. No release date yet, they just say it's "coming soon" The game will actually be called: Call of Duty: Finest Hour. If you are into WWII XBox games, then you might also want to check out Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers

5. drache

drache Member

Combat Elite looks really nice ... so many games, so little time. :(

6. drache

drache Member

Oops - Looks like Combat Elite is NOT going to be released any time soon - the developer and publisher are in Litigation here in NY! Yeah for lawyers everyone! [​IMG]

7. Gav

Gav Member

I will be getting Call of Duty - I read that it was made by the same peeps as MOH Allied Assault and they went on to do this when they fell out over Rising Sun (apparently that was why Rising sun wasn't as good...)

A mate of mine has got it on his PC and raved about it - but considering I'm a Mac person I looking forward to it coming to PS2.

Shame about Combat Elite - I've got that on Advnace order at my local store...

8. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

CoD is far better then any MOH or Castle Wolfenstein Game. Far more realisitc, the AI is a lot smarter and harder to kill. Once they know where you are, they arent afraid to through grenades, lean around corners to shoot at you, or bash you with the butt of their guns if you get too close. Some missions prove pretty challenging (namely the ones when you are in a car). The Weapons are all pretty slick and MultiPlayer - wow! If you are ever online, see if you can go the TRT Rifles Only Server (Its a Retrieval Server) though you might need to download some Custom Maps (they use a few) from their website. My handle is [HUD]LRDGRat

9. Air Force 4 Life

Air Force 4 Life Member

Every single aspect of COD makes it the best war game. The storyline for Single player is cool, but short, and the MultiPlayer takes a lot of features of the best games and combines them into one. Multiplayer consumes most of my time, until my wife wants to WHOOP ME! Then I quit, and start posting here, LOL. But no doubt it is the best game. I have played the majority of them, and most platforms. It is worth the buy for the PC. As I said before the Single Player is short, but there are many mods and addons to extend that, but I mostly play MP. Anyways, hope that helps, IT ROCKS!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I wouldnt call the SP short. As an American Paratrooper, the SP is short, but then you take on being a Red Devil at Arnhem and then a Russian at Stalingrad. I found the SP to be very pleasing and very enjoyable.

11. Air Force 4 Life

Air Force 4 Life Member

Ya, but for shelling out 50 clams, it should've been longer. I play it now simply for the MP, but it's just an opinion!

V\R TRB
    glad i'm not the only one who enjoys the gaming community.

12. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

The new expansion pack for the PC version is amazing.

The american missions, taking place with the 506 PIR from Bastogne, Foy, and Novelle is amazing. THe climax of the mission has you defending this chateau against a company of panzers and a company of Panzer Grenadiers.

Im on the Brit missions now, which start in 1941 at the controls of a lend-lease Fortess I. Youre shot down on a mission over holland and aide the dutch resistance, very cool stuff.

Now im infiltrating the coast of Silicy near Seracuse to destroy some artillery pieces.

Cant wait to get to the battle of kursk!