Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Wargame Construction Kit

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by drache, Mar 1, 2005.

1. drache

drache Member

Anyone know of software to create historical strategic senerios and run sims? Thanks.

2. Heartland

Heartland Member

Heh he he, there is an ancient game called...lo and behold...Wargame Construction Kit...that I used a bit something like 15 years ago. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Anyway, right now the most flexible and somewhat realistic (although with some flaws) is "The Operational Art of War: A Century of Warfare" created by Norm Koger and published by Talonsoft. Not all that easy to find these days, I would bet, and far from a perfect "simulation". I doubt any such software exists.

Norm Koger's homepage can be found here. By the way, he is "soon" going to release a wargame on the naval battles of the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-1905 - holy underrepresented genre Batman!

More stuff on The Operational Art of War can be found here for example:

Warfare HQ Has the game manual in .PDF format and the demo for download (Korea '50 scenario).

TOAW Design Group Features OOBs and TOEs, as well as a forum dedicated to scenario design.

3. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

None that do it with any great accuracy using software, at least with ground forces. Aircraft and naval actions can be simulated much easier as they are far more technology dependent.